EASY CHEAP BACON EGG MINI QUICHES
Bacon Egg Toast Cups The Easy Way.
(Step-By-Step Photos And Video)
These quick and easy Quiche Toast Cups are made using sandwich bread, filled with a quiche mixture made with eggs, bacon, chives, and cheese.
You can use cheddar cheese but we used parmesan to give a little extra taste. Kids and even adults can not resist these cute little muffin cup-sized bites?
You can also call them - Bacon Quiche Biscuit Cups and they are very flexible in the ingredients you can use. I find them tastier than plain egg muffins
See how to make the crispy bacon.
Bacon Quiche Biscuit Cups - Recipe
I love quiche as you can eat it hot or cold, but I don't always have pastry in stock. While you can also make your own pastry - it is a little time-consuming and needs time in the fridge to be ready. These have even been called Bacon Quiche Crescent Cups - because of the half moon-sized tomato on the top.
Quick and Easy Bacon Egg Mini Cups
Using bread is a great way of making mini quiches – using toasted bread cups made with sandwich bread.
These are simple to make by pressing the bread into the muffin tin. Unlike pastry, you will get an uneven shape, but that is fine it gives them character.
These are really good for a picnic or a boy or girl's birthday party. They're even great the next day - either cold or heated up.
How do you make mini quiches in a regular-size muffin tin?
There is one thing that you must do first - when you have massaged the bread into the muffin tin you must put them into a preheated oven (160C or 320F) for 4-5 minutes pouring the egg, bacon, and cheese mixture in.
If you do not the quiche mixture will just get absorbed into the bread and you'll end up with a soggy mini quiche rather than nicely crisp toast cups filled with cheesy quiche filling.
You can use sandwich cut bread - white, wholemeal or any style you like.
I like these mini bacon egg pies better than breakfast egg muffins.
First cut of the crusts to the bread.
Now use a rolling pin to make the bread thin - which also softens up the bread so you can massage into the muffin tray.
Massage and press the bread into the muffin tin.
Place in the oven for 3 minutes (320F or 160C). The muffin toast cups should not be browned, and just a bit dry (like "toasted bread").
Cut the bacon, chives, parsley and tomatoes.
Dice the tomato - keep some in halves for decoration on the top of the small pie
Whisk together the egg, milk, parsley, chives, and tomato with the bacon and cheese and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Pour or spoon the egg mixture into each cup till approximately ¾ full.
Then reasonably quickly place in the oven. Waiting too long means the egg mixture may soak into the toast cups. And This will make them soggy.
Bake for 330F or 170F 12-15 mins - preheat the oven or it will take a little longer - until the top is lightly golden and the filling is set.
Test they are done by carefully touching the top with your finger and see if they are reasonably firm. (see our video at 5.30 mins to watch this test)
HOW DO YOU STORE EGG MUFFINS?
Place into airtight containers. They will keep in a refrigerator for up to 5 days.
HOW TO FREEZE BREAKFAST EGG MUFFINS
First, let the mini quiche egg muffins cool completely. Next, wrap them individually in plastic wrap and put them in a freezer-safe ziplock bag. They can last in a freezer for up to 2-3months.
How do you tell if baked eggs are done?
Use your finger to test the firmness of the mini bacon egg muffin - see position 5.30 minutes in our youtube video.
Bacon Egg Toast Cups
- 1 Loaf sandwich bread
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 cup chopped bacon
- 4 eggs large makes 4-6 muffin-sized bacon egg pies
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 chili less if you do not like to hot
- Make crispy bacon - we baked the bacon on parchment paper in the oven until crisp (330F or 170F 12-15 mins - preheat the oven) -or you can sauté in a pan until bacon is crisp - about 2 minutes.
- Cut bread crusts off.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten the bread.
- Massage and press the bread into the muffin tin.
- Place in the oven for 3 minutes (320F or 160C). The muffin toast cups should not be browned, and just a bit dry (like "toasted bread").
- Cut the bacon, chives, and parsley into bit sized pieces.
- Cut some tomatoes into small pieces to put into the quiche mix. Keep some cut in halves to use as decoration on the top of your bacon and egg pie.
- Whisk together the egg, milk, parsley, chives, and tomato with the bacon and cheese and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour or spoon the egg mixture into each cup till approximately ¾ full.
- Then reasonably quickly place in the oven. Waiting too long means the egg mixture may soak into the toast cups. And This will make them soggy.
- Bake for 330F or 170F 12-15 mins - preheat the oven or it will take a little longer - until the top is lightly golden and the filling is set.
- Test they are done by carefully touching the top with your finger and see if they are reasonably firm.
- Remove from oven and rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with extra parsley or sprinkle paprika if desired. Serve warm.
What kind of cheese is good in Quiche
- white cheddar cheese
- Swiss cheese
- Gruyere cheese
- Parmesan cheese - for extra flavor