See our favorite Beef Dish – Indonesian Rendang
Beef Osso Buco Instant Pot
- 4 tablespoon plain flour
- 4-6 Veal Shins / Osso buco can also use beef ribs/oxtail
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 2 carrots finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks finely chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1 tablespoon Worchester sauce
- Bouquet garni
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 5 sages leave
- 2 bay leaves
- Tied inside a muslin cloth
- Flour the beef
- Now Turn the instant pot to high saute. Add the beef and saute each side for about 2-3. minutes.
- Then take out and cook the onion and garlic first, followed by adding the carrots and celery.
- Cook the onion and garlic
- Add and stir in the tomato puree.
- Add in white wine and bring to boil.
- Add in Beef stock and Worchester sauce.
- Put the beef back in and also mix it to get all the flavors around it. Alone with some salt and pepper for seasoning and taste
- Now add the Bouquet Garni– 1 sprig of rosemary, 5 sage leaves, 2 bay leaves. Tied inside a muslin cloth
- Put in the beef and set to high pressure for 30 mins with 10 mins natural pressure release.
- Garnish with a gremolata if you have it- this adds extra taste and a nice texture.
- How to make a gremolata – one lemon zest, fresh parsley finely chopped, plus 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped.