Almost any cut of beef is diced and the cooked with a tomato based sauce in a pressure cooker. It is a very straight forward recipe and fairly quick to make.
1.5 pounds of beef
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 diced white onion
3 cloves garlic diced
2 cups beef stock
1/4 cup of red wine
1 teaspoon of paprika
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
3 bay leaves
1 teaspoon thyme
3 celery sticks diced
1 tablespoon of Lea Perrins Worestershire sauce (if you have it)
- Prepare all your ingredients first so they are ready to go
- Just the Sauté setting on your instant pot to High or More - the hottest setting
- Spread the oil on the bottom of the pot - when the display changes to HOT
- Add the diced onion and cook until it starts to brown (3-5 minutes)
- Add in the garlic and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes
- Turn Off the Instant Pot
- Add in all the other ingredients and stir so they are well mixed. Stir so the meet is covered as much as possible with the liquid.
- Put on the Pot lid and select Pressure Cook on normal (Instant Pot Duo Nova) for 60 Mins
- Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes after the pot has finished
- Now all should be ready to serve with your favorite side dish.
We cooked this in an Instant Pot Duo Nova.
Hint: If the sauce mix is too runny for you - mix about 2 tablespoons of cornflour in 2/3 cup of water - whisk or mix it well so there are no lumps. Then return on the Instant Pot to saute - high and bring back to the boil. Then stirring constantly mix in the cornflour little by little and the sauce will thicken up nicely - keep boiling for 2-3 minutes after to cook out all the cornflour.
- Calories: 655
Keywords: beef ragu, instant pot, pressure cooker