Very Easy and Great Taste
Pressure Cooker Beef Ragu
Loverly Chunks of beef are cooked and tenderized in an instant pot and then infused into a tomato-based sauce with herbs and spices. This really is an easy recipe to make for any night of the week and if you make a bit more it is easy to freeze and then reheat with your favorite side. e.g Mashed Potato, Pasta, or Rice.
What is Beef Ragu?
In the north of Italy, ragu typically uses chopped or ground meat that is cooked with sauteed vegetables, herbs, and spices in a liquid. The meats may include one or more of beef, chicken, pork, lamb, or game.
I’d heard of beef ragu many times but had never tried it even in a restaurant. Yet all the reports I heard were that it was great. Because it has a fancy name that I had not heard of I thought that it would be a really difficult recipe. Well, let me tell you that it a really easy recipe.
Basically, it’s a cubed beef and a tomato-based sauce. The really great thing is that the side dishes you can put with this are equally as easy and versatile. It goes with pasta, rice, and even a mashed potato!
You start with a budget type of beef—chuck roast or blade steak is great. the cooking process is going to make it super tender. I like to cut the beef into two-inch pieces. This makes sure that each piece will get coated all the herbs, seasonings, and sauce. Simplistically you cut the beef and throw it into your Instant Pot along your seasonings and some crushed tomatoes. Leave it for one hour and when you come back to it, the beef will be tender and flavored amazingly. Then simply serve over some pasta – almost any style. Or it goes really well with rice or my favorite is creamy mashed potato.
Instant Pot Beef Ragu tastes fantastic and really takes very little effort—give it a try you will love this recipe.
Key Spices for Lemongrass Chicken
If you can use a few sprigs of fresh Rosemary you will get a boost in flavor – but equally the dried does work well. Rosemary is a woody herb that has a nice fragrant smell. It is evergreen and native to the Mediterranean region
Oregano is a herb from the mint family. It has been used for thousands of years to add flavor to dishes. It features in the Mediterranean diet. The Greeks and Romans associated oregano happiness, and you will too if you use it in the beef ragu.
Garlic is actually a species in the onion family. Allium. It is native to Central Asia and has been a common seasoning worldwide for several thousand years
Beef Ragu Instant Pot
- 1.5 pounds of beef
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 diced white onion
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1/4 cup of red wine
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 3 celery sticks diced
- 1 tablespoon of Lea Perrins Worestershire sauce if you have it
- Prepare all your ingredients first so they are ready to go
- Just the Sauté setting on your instant pot to High or More – the hottest setting
- Spread the oil on the bottom of the pot – when the display changes to HOT
- Add the diced onion and cook until it starts to brown (3-5 minutes)
- Add in the garlic and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes
- Turn Off the Instant Pot
- Add in all the other ingredients and stir so they are well mixed. Stir so the meet is covered as much as possible with the liquid.
- Put on the Pot lid and select Pressure Cook on normal (Instant Pot Duo Nova) for 60 Mins
- Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes after the pot has finished
- Now all should be ready to serve with your favorite side dish.