Instant Pot Chicken and Eggplant in Garlic Sauce - With a little bit of chilli in the bean paste.
¼ cup vegetable oil
8 finger egg plants - halved length ways (1 lb)
1 lb minced chicken (500g)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon finely grouch ginger - about 1 inch)
3 cloves garlic diced
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 tablespoons of chilli bean paste
¼ cup chicken stock
¼ cup chinese cooking wine
¼ cup soy sauce
9 oz green beans (300g)
2 green onions (scallions) julienned (finely sliced)
¼ cup fresh coriander
- Squash the garlic to make it easier to remove the skin and dice finely
- Finely slice or julienne the spring onions, place in a bowl of cold water to keep them fresh
- Top and tail the beans. When done then again put them in a bowl of cold water to keep them fresh
Turn the Instant Pot onto saute and let it warm up till it says hot - normally this takes about 4 minutes
Place as many eggplants face side down and cook until they are golden brown - about 1-2 minutes
- Then add the chicken and let it cook till it changes color
- Next, add the dry ingredients and mix with the cooked chicken
- sugar, salt, pepper, bean-paste, ginger, garlic and cumin seeds
Keep the Instant Pot on saute.
Then add the wet ingredients and mix with the wooden spoon. These will only take a minute or so to mix in.
- chinese cooking wine, soy sauce, chicken stock
Now add back the browned eggplant wet and mix with the wooden spoon. Just ensure they get a good covering of all the spices and juices.
Now put on the lid and set the instant pot to cook for 5 minutes -with quick pressure release.
Then add in the green beans while the dish is still boiling and cooked them for 1-3 minutes depending on if you like the beans firm or soft
- Calories: 267
Keywords: eggplant chicken easy quick