Are you craving pulled pork, but all you have are some pork chops in your fridge?
Don’t worry, you can still enjoy this delectable meal! It’s actually really easy to make pulled pork using pork chops – the only thing might be the wait time!
In this article, I’ll give you a simple guide on how to turn those regular old pork chops into a delicious plate of pulled pork. You can also see how much pulled pork per person to feed a crowd.
You’ll need some seasonings and an oven during the making process but these are items that are most likely already in your kitchen.
So if you’re looking for a way to make pulled pork without having to pick up any extra ingredients or buy fancy equipment, then make sure to read through as I explain how to do it with just some regular-cut pork chops.
If you are just eating pork chope, see how many chops you need per guest.
Can You Use Pork Chops For Pulled Pork?
Pork Chops are typically leaner and have a lower fat content than other cuts of pork, such as shoulder or butt.
Pork chops are not the ideal cut of meat for making pulled pork, but in a pinch, you can make pulled pork from them.
When using Pork chops to make pulled pork, they should be cooked slowly and not at a too-hot temperature.
Can you Wood Smoke Pork Chops?
Pork chops readily absorb the smoke flavor when cooked. For a perfect pulled pork dish, ensure that the pork isn’t cooked for too long and adjust the smokiness to your liking.
By modifying the wood chips and seasonings used for smoking, you can achieve the flavor you want.
Different types of wood will also give different flavors, such as pine, giving a stronger taste compared to apple categories that lean towards sweetness.
Here are the top three Chefs’ Tips when using pork chops to make pulled pork in 2023
1. Make sure to cook the pork chops until they are fork-tender before shredding them.
2. Use a good quality barbecue sauce or make your own with ingredients like apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, and spices.
3. Season the pulled pork generously with salt and pepper before serving.
Are Pork Chops Good for Pulled Pork?
Pork chops are an option for making pulled pork, but normally would not be a first choice. They can be more affordable if purchased in bulk or on special than larger, especially cuts of meat like pork butt, and they also cook faster.
How Do You Shred Pork Chops and Make Pulled Pork
Are you wondering how to make shredded pork chops?
- Here’s how you can do it. First, simmer your pork chops in a crock pot until there is no pink remaining and they fall apart.
- Next, take two forks and hold one in each hand. Gently pull the meat apart with the tines of the forks until all of the pork is shredded into small, uniform pieces.
- Finally, use the juices from the cooking pan to moisten your shredded pork, adding additional flavors if desired. Now you’re ready to enjoy some tender, delicious pulled pork made from pork chops!
You can also fry pork chops