A really tasty but simple meal that you can put together in 15 minutes of preparation and 20 minutes cooking.
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion finely chopped
4.4 oz chorizo sliced (125 g )
4-6 boneless chicken thighs roughly chopped
1/2 teaspoon smoked hot paprika
5 garlic cloves finely chopped
2 sprigs of rosemary finely chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
1.5 lbs Butter beans. Drained and rinsed. (800g)
5 oz cream (150 g)
2 oz unsalted butter (50g)
1 small bunch flat-leaf parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon lime juice
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon Lea Perrins
- Turn the Instant pot on to sauté and let it warm up - then add the oil and let it also warm up a little. Next put in the diced onions and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the chorizo and cook for a further 2 mins stirring well.
- Next, add in the chicken and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes
- Lastly add the garlic rosemary, paprika, pinch of cayenne and stir well for about 1 minute.
- Add the beans and stir for 1 minute
- Turn off the instant pot
- Now add the stock, butter, and cream and stir gently.
- Put the lid on the instant pot and set to cook on high pressure for 10 minutes, followed by 10 mins natural release.
- Release the pressure carefully and stir the cooked broth and taste to see if you want to put in a little more seasoning
- We then toasted some sough dough bread for putting on the side.
Tip if the broth/soup is a little runny you can thicken with corn starch. Mix 1 tablespoon corn starch to 2 tablespoons water - mix well first and then bring the broth back to the boil by turning on the instant pot to sauté again and add the mix in stirring well. Boil for about 2-3 minutes to cook out the cornstarch.
- Calories: 255