Pressure Cooker Chicken Meatballs
These classic American-style meatballs are juicy and soft! They're made with ground chicken and loaded with herbs and parmesan cheese, and then incorporated with tomato. Served with your pasta of choice this is a simple and easy dish to prepare.
What Makes Chicken Meatballs Great?
This dish with your favorite kind of pasta is great - because the meatballs had been cooked in the tomato herb mix under pressure their flavor was just amazing - so that is what makes this dish special - follow our recipe and you will taste a great dish.
This dish will go well with any sort of pasta. They’re really tender and taste great served over pasta and sprinkled with parmesan cheese. This is an easy recipe to make and very quick to cook.
Key Spices and Ingredients for Chicken Meatballs
Paprika in its basic form is made from ground sweet pepper pods and creates a bright red powder. Normal paprika has deep blood red color and a flavor of sweet and mildly hot.
Worcestershire sauce is a fermented liquid sauce created in the city of Worcester in Worcestershire, England during the first half of the 19th century. It is also known as Lea & Perrins. Its flavor complements the beef nicely.
Sage has a nice herbal flavor that is an earthy, slightly peppery taste with hints of mint, and lemon
See our Beef Meatballs Recipe also.
Prepare you Ingredients for Chicken Meatballs
It really does help to get organized by getting all your ingredients measured and organized first. Why - because when you have never made a recipe before - having all your ingredients ready means that you can firstly check them off against the recipe before you start so that nothing is missing. Secondly - as you are moving through the cooking steps it lets you focus on the dish preparation rather than jumping around looking for or preparing a missed item.
Prepare the meatball
Add the herbs and breadcrumbs and the egg to the chicken mince and mix well by hand.
Make Similar Size
Make the meatballs a similar size. This in turn makes the overall cooking more even and all just tastes better.
Cook the Vegetables
Put in the Instant Pot the vegetables at the same time and gently cook the vegetables for 5 minutes.
Prepare the Sauce
I really like the depth of flavor that a small amount of cayenne pepper can bring - but just a pinch. Stir in all the ingredients to prepare the base for the sauce.
Put back the Meatballs
Now it is time to place the meatballs back. Mix them all in the sauce mix so they are covered well. Then put on the lid and follow the cooking instructions in the method above.
Now serve up with your favorite pasta, all this can be prepared in less than an hour. You can sit down to a really nice meal. Sprinkling a little parmesan cheese made the dish so nice.
Chicken Meatballs Instant Pot
- 1 lbChic Mince 500g
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 med Onions
- 1 med Carrot
- 1 sticks Celery
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes 800g
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper ground
- 1 teaspoon dried sage fresh if you have it
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley fresh if you have it
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon fresh if you have it
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme fresh if you have it
- 1 tablespoon Lea and Perins
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper to your taste
- 1/2 egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- Mix in the herbs to the mince (Can also use mixed or Italian herbs)
- Mix in Salt and pepper, pinch cayenne pepper egg and breadcrumbs
- Mix by hand folding back and forth making sure they are well mixed
- Make the meatballs -
- Dice carrot celery garlic onion
- Put in the Instant Pot the vegetables at the same time and gently cook the vegetables for 5 minutes
- Add tomato and mix with the cooked vegetables
- Then add the wine and mix again
- Theb add the crushed tomatoes and Lea and Perins, paprika, sugar and mix
- If you want you can add a little Chilli or cayenne pepper to taste
- Meat balls in
- 7 mins high pressure 10 mins natural release
- After cooking taste the tomato sauce and add salt, pepper or even more sugar if it is too tart. (Tomatoes can cause the sauce to be a little tart or sour and just a very small amount of sugar fixes this.