CINNAMON SWIRLS EASY RECIPE FROM SCRATCH
Each cinnamon roll is extra soft with the most delicious cinnamon swirl!
This cinnamon scroll recipe is specially made with powdered sugar, melted butter, and cinnamon sugar mix – they are soft and light and topped with a glaze of cream cheese frosting or icing.
You May Also Be Interested In
My other great go-to homemade roll is a cheese bun – yum.
Cinnamon Rolls Simple Recipe From Scratch
Homemade easy peasy cinnamon roll – (Cinnabon style) simple recipe here is perfect for beginner bakers because the recipe is pretty simple and very straightforward.
Not only that we have a full video showing the whole method.
See how to reheat leftover cinnamon rolls
The TRICK To Make An Easy Cinnamon Roll
Top Tip: If it is cool in your kitchen let the dough rise in your oven!
Turn the oven to 130°F (60°C) and then turn it off
Cover the dough and place it inside.
Leave the oven door open and watch that after 30-60 minutes the dough will have doubled in size.
These cinnamon rolls are completely irresistible – very much like the Cinnabon cinnamon rolls. If you’re looking for that perfect cinnamon roll recipe, this is the winner.
This mix will make 10 good-sized (not jumbo rolls) cinnamon scrolls – Preparing the dough is about 30 minutes work, but then you have 2 x one hour for proving. (letting the dough rise).
After mixing take the cinnamon dough out and knead it for about 3-5 minutes – see our video on how to make cinnamon buns to see the technique if you are not sure.
Then set aside to rise for one hour – see below the before and after proving (rising).
Next step – is to roll out the cinnamon roll dough and put in the raw sugar and cinnamon filling with the butter. Use the best quality cinnamon you can – we used dutch cinnamon – which probably comes from Indonesia.
The next step is to put the rolls in a baking dish – and let them rise again for about 1 hour.
Now bake Cinnamon Scrolls for approximately 25 minutes at 400 F or 200C. Check them after 15 and 20 minutes. Take out when they are just brown on the top like the photo below.
Now make and put on the frosting.
Now You Are Ready To Enjoy.
Cinnamon Rolls Easy Recipe
- 14 oz Flour All-purpose 400 g
- 1 teaspoon Dried Yeast
- 1 ¾ fl oz Water – room temperature 55ml
- 3 ½ fl oz Milk – room temperature 100ml could use almond milk
- 1 ¾ oz Butter unsalted 50g
- 1 Egg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 oz castor superfine sugar 30g
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ½ oz unsalted butter 100g – softened to spread easily
- 2 ¼ oz brown sugar 60g granulated sugar
- 4 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon warm milk – room temperature
- Cream Cheese Frosting or Glaze
- 3 ½ oz icing confection sugar 100g
- 3 ½ oz plan cream cheese 100g
- 1 fl oz warm water 30ml
- Making The Dough
- Combine the ingredients for a yeast mixture in a mixing bowl – put the flour in first and the salt, salt, and yeast in different parts of the bowl. Why salt will kill the yeast.
- Mixing Take your stand mixer then put the wet ingredients in the middle of the bowl – use a dough hook – and mix/knead slowly and then fast to when the yeast dough forms well into one set.
- Prepare Oil the surface of a bowl and then place the dough in and let it rest at room temperature for 1 to 1.5 hours till it doubles in size.
- Shaping the Dough
- Filling On a floured surface roll out the dough in a flat rectangle. Then spread over the softened butter with a spatula. First, mix the brown sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over the spread butter. The dough kind of has the extexture of soft pizza dough.
- Roll Now carefully roll the dough up into a roll and cut them to the size you want.
- First, take the baking dish spray with cooking spray and put in a baking sheet (parchment paper) in the baking tin – cover again with plastic wrap and let them double in size again.
- Cooking Preheat an oven to 400oF or 200oC and bake for 25 minutes and check they have gone a golden brown in a big pan.
- Cool Let them cool slightly and brush the frosting over the top while they are still warm
How Do You Make Gooey Cinnamon Rolls?
This Cinnabon roll recipe (my interpretation) makes the absolute best, gooiest cinnamon rolls.
The rolls touch together while baking – and this keeps the middle nice and soft and gooey!
Plus because they are together the filling from the center doesn’t leak out.
How Do You Make Can Cinnamon Rolls Better?
Do not mix the salt with the yeast – salt tends to kill or inhibit the yeast.
What Type Of Flour Is Best For Cinnamon Rolls
What Can I Do With Cinnamon Roll Dough That Didn’t Rise
You can put it in a cup – microwave for 30 seconds and spoon on some icecream
Why Is My Cinnamon Roll Hard
You have baked it too long and it has dried out
Why Are Cinnamon Rolls So Good?
Imagine – butter, bread, cinnamon, and warm milk or a coffee topped with heavy cream – the taste is amazing – there is nothing like a cinnamon bun! – but then add the aroma of smell on this cinnamon rolls recipe and now you know why the baked rolls are so good.
Are Cinnamon Rolls Dessert Or Breakfast?
You can have them with breakfast with an extra glaze or with a dessert quick cinnamon rolls – Yum
How Do You Make Cinnamon Rolls Taste Better?
Use the best quality cinnamon you can – dutch or indonesian.
How Do You Make Cinnamon Rolls Without Burning The Bottom?
Do not have the oven temperature too high – cook them on parchment paper in the middle of the oven.
How Do You Moisten Dry Cinnamon Rolls?
An old baker’s trixk for the perfect cinnamon roll is to add a little yogurt to the bread mix – about 1 tablespoon.
Can You Eat Cinnamon Rolls For Breakfast?
Yes you can – they go so well with a coffee especially with cream cheese frosting
What Type Of Flour Is Best For Cinnamon Rolls?
All-Purpose white flour is the best
Is Bread Flour Or All-purpose Flour Better For Cinnamon Rolls?
All-purpose flour is better as it is not quite as strong as bread flour.
What Happens If You Overproof Cinnamon Rolls?
With baked cinnamon rolls proofing too long can have them collapse – stop the proofing when the size has doubled after about 1 hour.
Can u freeze cinnamon rolls?
How Do You Know When Cinnamon Rolls Are Done?
The baked cinnamon rolls are done when they are just lightly brown on the top do not overcook.