How Do You Keep Taco Shells Warm For A Big Group
Also, just how do you set up a Taco Bar and other ways to serve Beef Tacos to lots of people.
How Do You Cook Large Amounts of Taco Meat in a Crock Pot
Cooking large amounts of taco meat can be overwhelming at times. Know that in this recipe, we will be using a crock pot and freezer-friendly ingredients. With that, here is an easy taco recipe that you can follow:
1. Prepare a clean, large crockpot and place the raw ground beef.
2. Add the diced onion, chopped garlic (or garlic powder), seasoning, and water or a little beef broth.
3. Mix the ground beef (you can also use ground turkey)with the seasoning to achieve flavorful taco meat. Top Tip - use a pinch of cayenne pepper to enhance the flavors even further. Use fork in breaking up thawed meat.
4. Cook the taco meat over medium to high heat for 2 to 3 hours. Frequently check and break up any larger chunks. Turn to low heat if it is almost cooked.
5. Drain the liquid using a strainer to prevent having soggy meat and excessive fat content. Do not forget to use the temperature setting of your slow cooker.
Some taco seasoning sachets that are purchased in grocery stores have the tendency to have so many unhealthy ingredients. Sometimes, they also lack the depth of flavor that can be easily gained by the usual spices you have in your kitchen. If you want to make your own taco meat seasoning then that is a great idea. There is nothing like a slow cooker taco with homemade seasoning.
Can you use an Instant Pot To Bulk Cook a Taco Meat Recipe?
Yes - the instant pot is a 7 in one kitchen appliance.
This Instant Pot Taco Meat is a dump and go way to make tacos for dinner. How to cook fresh or frozen ground beef in your Instant Pot with taco seasonings for a quick meal.
Cooking ground beef in your Instant Pot did you know that you can cook the meat from frozen. It's easy, and with this recipe, you'll have deliciously seasoned taco meat, perfect for a crunchy taco shell or soft corn tortilla.
Here are the key steps to cooking taco meat in an instant pot
- Put 1 cup of water into the bowl of the Instant Pot, place the metal trivet to the pot, and put the ground beef (frozen or thawed) on top of the trivet.
- For frozen ground turkey or beef, pressure cook it for 20 minutes. For thawed meat 14 minutes, followed by a quick release.
- Remove the beef and clean the pot.
- Put the pot on saute and with a little vegetable oil first add the diced onions and garlic and other taco seasoning, cooking till ready
- You can now use the warmer function on the instant pot to keep the taco filling warm.
TIPS FOR COOKING GROUND BEEF IN THE INSTANT POT
- When using frozen ground beef, use a 1 pound flat. If a larger piece of frozen meat then increase the cooking time
- Check that you have removed all packaging from the ground beef before pressure cooking. If the packaging is stuck - then I put the package of frozen ground beef in water to help loosen the packaging meat.
- Note that the ground beef is not fully cooked after pressure cooking. We want this so that you can crumble and brown the beef using the sauté function, this adds extra flavor.
How do you keep taco meat warm for a party?
To keep your taco meat warm for a party, you use a large slow cooker and set it in medium to high heat if it needs to be served immediately. Set to low heat if it would take hours before serving the taco meat.
How long is taco meat good for?
Taco meat can be stored in the refrigerator within 3 to 4 days if stored properly. Frozen ones can last up to 3 to 6 months assuming that the temperature is at least 26-28 degrees Fahrenheit. Make sure to keep it in a sealed container or zip lock bag.
What to do with taco meat besides tacos?
Taco meat is a versatile ingredient used in several dishes. Aside from taco, it is usually used as an ingredient in pasta, burritos, lasagna, pizza, beef enchilada casserole, easy nachos, mac and cheese, chili beans, and more.
How to Freeze Taco Meat
Preparing ahead of time for a group event, taco picnic, or taco tailgate party is a good idea.
You can easily have frozen taco meat ready to pull out of the freezer for nights that you need taco filling fast. Just follow these tips.
First, to cook some extra for your group size, you may need to double or triple recipe for taco meat and you can cook it using one of the methods above.
After cooking Allow meat to cool completely.
Portion taco meat out into your serving sizes or quantities that can be reheated easily. For example, do not just freeze a 5 lb block of homemade taco meat it will take forever to defrost or thaw. I like to use 1 pound or ½ pound servings.
Place each portion into a BPA-free freezer-safe storage bag. No carefully squeeze out as much air from the bag as you can and seal.
Top Tip - To get even more or most of the air out. Put a straw into the small opening, but make sure the bag is still sealed all around the straw. Now suck the air out of the bag through the straw. I like to watch the bag collapse around the taco meat mixture.
Carefully remove the straw and seal quickly. Also, put a label on the bag if you are going to freeze the taco meat for a long time.
Store in the freezer for 3-4 months.
How to To Thaw Homemade Taco Meat
The best way is 2 days before your event place it in the refrigerator on a plate so any liquid is caught. This method is the safest way to thaw the beef mixture because it is done in the refrigerator and the product never gets to an unsafe food temperature.
To heat up use one of the methods above.
Finally when preparing to cook taco meat for a large group do not forget to have enough fillings and sides like
- tortilla chips (good bulk out to make the taco filling go further)
- shredded cheese
- black bean
- shredded lettuce
- diced tomato
- refried beans
- sour cream