How Many Chicken Nuggets per Person for A Crowd
Do you ever wonder how many chicken nuggets to cook for your family? Or more specifically how about a big group.
Well, we did too, so we decided to figure out exactly how many chicken nuggets you should serve.
So what does this mean for you?
It means that you need to plan ahead when cooking chicken nuggets. If you are planning to cook a large batch of chicken nuggets then you need to know how many to serve per person.
You may also be interested in
- How Many French Fries per Person to Feed a Big Group
- How Many Chicken Wings to Feed a Crowd
- How Many Chicken Drumsticks per Person for A Large Group
- How Many Pounds Of Popcorn Chicken to Serve For a Large Group
How Many Chicken Nuggets per Person for A Big Group
How many nuggets are in one serving and How much is a serving of chicken nuggets are both questions we answer below?
If you look at labels of various manufacturers’ chicken nuggets you will get an answer of around 4 or 5 nuggets per person – however in reality this does not allow enough at a big event where people can eat a lot more. We found that you need to serve between 6 and 8 pieces of chicken nuggets per person (adults – men), this allows for people who want seconds or are just big eaters.
Kids will tend to eat around 4-6 nuggets, with teens eating as much as adults.
How Many Pounds of Chicken Nuggets per Person Should I Buy?
Let’s look at some well-known chicken nuggets to work out how many pounds you need to buy for a large crowd.
Starting with McDonald’s one chicken McNugget weighs in at 17.5 g or about 0.62 oz.
Sams Club a single nugget weighs just over 19 g or 0.67 oz
Costco 5lb bag the average weight of a nugget is 17 g or around 0.6 oz.
So using an average nugget size from Sams Club and Costco 1 lb of frozen nuggets should feed around 4 people.
How many servings of Chicken Nuggets do a 5 lbs frozen bag serve – 5 lbs will serve around 22 people.
Using these amounts you will have enough for some of your guests to have seconds.
How many pounds of Chicken Nuggets do you need for 50 people? You will need around 10-11 lbs for 50 people.
Below is a handy table to help you calculate exactly how many cooked chicken nuggets you need per person for a big group.
A Table Of How Many Chicken Nuggets To Serve For a Crowd
How Many Chicken Nuggets Do You Need to Feed for 10 People
For 10 People you will need 60 chicken nuggets
How Many Pounds Of Chicken Nuggets Should I Buy For 10 People
To feed 10 people you should buy 2.5 lbs of frozen chicken nuggets
How Many Chicken Nuggets Do You Need to Feed for 20 People
- For 20 People you will need 120 chicken nuggets
How Many Pounds Of Chicken Nuggets Should I Buy For 20 People
- To feed 20 people you should buy 5 lbs of frozen chicken nuggets
How Many Chicken Nuggets Do You Need to Feed for 30 People
- For 30 People you will need 180 chicken nuggets
How Many Pounds Of Chicken Nuggets Should I Buy For 30 People
- To feed 30 people you should buy 7.5 lbs of frozen chicken nuggets
How Many Chicken Nuggets Do You Need to Feed for 40 People
- For 40 People you will need 240 chicken nuggets
How Many Pounds Of Chicken Nuggets Should I Buy For 40 People
- To feed 40 people you should buy 10 lbs of frozen chicken nuggets
How Many Chicken Nuggets Do You Need to Feed for 50 People
- For 50 People you will need 300 chicken nuggets
How Many Pounds Of Chicken Nuggets Should I Buy For 50 People
- To feed 50 people you should buy 12.5 lbs of frozen chicken nuggets
How Many Chicken Nuggets Do You Need to Feed for 70 People
- For 70 People you will need 420 chicken nuggets
How Many Pounds Of Chicken Nuggets Should I Buy For 70 People
- To feed 70 people you should buy 16.5 lbs of frozen chicken nuggets
How Many Chicken Nuggets Do You Need to Feed for 100 People
For 100 People you will need 600 chicken nuggets
How Many Pounds Of Chicken Nuggets Should I Buy For 100 People
To feed 100 people you should buy 25 lbs of frozen chicken nuggets
What Is the Best Way to Cook Chicken Nuggets for A Big Group?
There are many ways to cook them for a crowd – The ways I use are –
The first way is to use a deep fryer.
The second way is to bake them in the oven. That way you can cook several trays of nuggets or chicken bites at once.
Deep frying is definitely the best way to make chicken nuggets. It’s fast, easy, and produces delicious results. However, baking is also a great option. Baking takes longer, but the end result is much healthier. Plus as I said you can bake 3-4 trays at once.
If you are pushed to cater for a lot of guests then you can actually use both methods to really cook loads of chicken bites for a really big group.
For adults instead of chicken consider sweet and sour chick at the big event.
How Many Chicken Nuggets for Different Events and Occasions
- Serving Chicken Nuggets Buffet Style will mean you need about 15% more. People just tend to take more from a buffet-style serving platform
- Serving at a BBQ you will need about 30-40% less as people will have other proteins to choose from like hamburgers, steak, or sausages.
- Serving Chicken nuggets at a Picnic will mean you should use about 6-7 nuggets per person. The same goes for a Tailgating party
- Serving chicken nuggets at a Kids Party – you will need about 4-5 nuggets per guest.
Boneless Wings vs Chicken Nuggets.
What is the difference between a chicken nugget and a boneless chicken wing? This difference is the type of chicken meat they are made from, a boneless chicken wing is made from larger bits of chicken whereas chicken nuggets are typically made from ground chicken.
How Many Boneless Chicken Wings per Person
Boneless chicken wings are very similar in size to their nugget cousins.
- For 10 People serve 50 Boneless chicken wings
- For 15 People serve 75 Boneless chicken wings
- For 20 People serve 100 Boneless chicken wings
- For 50 People serve 250 Boneless chicken wings
- For 100 People serve 500 Boneless chicken wings
What Food Pairings Can You Put with Chicken Nuggets?
Serving Ideas for Chicken Nuggets
- French Fries
- Onion rings
- Pasta Salad
- Garlic bread
- Baked potatoes
- Carrot Sticks
What Sauces and Dips Can You Serve with Chicken Nuggets
- Tomato Sauce
- Garlic aioli
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon Juice
What are the different types of Chicken Nuggets
There are many different kinds of chicken nuggets available for purchase. Some have cheese added while others do not. Others have herbs and spices add some are just in the plain batter.
One of my favorite types of chicken nuggets is homemade ones coated in panko crumbs it gives them a really great crunch and taste.
The list goes on and on.
Are Chicken Bites and Chicken Nuggets the same thing?
Yes, they are very similar – but bites can be slightly smaller but they are much larger than popcorn chicken.
What is the average size of a Chicken Nuggets?
The average size of chicken nuggets is 17g or about 0.6 oz