How Many Deviled Eggs Per Person for a big group or afternoon bbq.
Deviled eggs are an easy recipe that everyone loves. It’s also very healthy and nutritious.
You can make them ahead of time and store them in the fridge or freezer so they are ready whenever you need them.
You must read our top 12 tips for making deviled eggs for a crowd.
But how many deviled eggs per person can you make? The best serving size would be 2-3 per person. With that, if you are planning to serve this recipe for your upcoming gathering or party, read more of the details below.
Deviled Eggs are also often served with Salads (see how to choose a Salad for a Crowd).
How Many Deviled Eggs Per Person
As mentioned, there should be 2 to 3 deviled eggs serve per person during a gathering. If you want to serve more than that, then simply double or triple the number of ingredients used. For example, if you have 4 people at your party, you will need 8 egg whites and 6 yolks. Of course, it all depends on what type of appetizers you are having with.
How Many Deviled Eggs for 10 Guests
- You should prepare and serve at least 20 to 30 deviled eggs per 10 guests.
How Many Deviled Eggs for 30 Guests
- You should prepare and serve at least 60 to 90 deviled eggs per 30 people.
How Many Deviled Eggs for 50 Guests
- You should prepare and serve at least 100 to 150 deviled eggs per person for 50 guests.
How Many Deviled Eggs for 70 Guests
- You should prepare and serve at least 140 to 210 deviled eggs per person for 70 people.
How Many Deviled Eggs for 80 Guests
- You should prepare and serve at least 160 to 240 deviled eggs per person for 80 guests.
How Many Deviled Eggs for 100 Guests
- You should prepare and serve at least 200 to 300 deviled eggs per person for 100 guests.
How to Make Deviled Eggs
Deviled eggs are easy to make. It is high in protein with easy-to-find ingredients like the perfect hard-boiled eggs, mayonnaise, pepper, salt, and mustard. You just simply mix them until smooth as you desire.
For something more traditional or classic recipe, consider using smoked or sweet paprika. Alternatively, add a pinch of flaky sea salt. Then, to liven things up a bit, you may add as much Sriracha, pickled jalapeños, pickled onions, bacon, feta cheese, pickles (sweet or dill), or fresh herbs like chives as desired.
What Are the Tools Needed In Making Deviled Eggs
A large bowl, whisk, measuring cups, measuring spoons, mixing spoon, spatula, and oven mitts. More than these, you will also need these two essential tools:
- Deviled Egg Serving Tray
You may use a beautiful deviled egg serving tray, cut a small section from the bottom to make them flat, or pipe out a tiny bite of deviled egg filling onto the platter to stick your egg along with it.
- Stand Mixer
After grating the yolks, I find that using a stand mixer to cream them out even further is the most effective approach. The majority of us have never had one, and I can assure you that it’s a lot easier to cook with one.
Deviled Eggs Recipe
- 10 large eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise or use half mayo and half plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish or 1 dill pickle, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon or yellow mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Sprinkle paprika for garnishing
1. Hard boil the eggs by placing them into boiling water for about 12 minutes using an instant pot. Remove from heat and place in an ice bath to cool down. Drain and peel the eggs once cooled.
2. Using a sharp knife, slice each egg lengthwise in egg halves. Gently remove the egg yolks from the shell and discard them.
3. Place the yolks back into the shells or in a mixing bowl. Seal it using plastic wrap.
4. Mash the yolks with a fork. Add the remaining ingredients and combine well.
5. Combine the mayonnaise, pickle relish, and mustard in a mixing glass. Using a fork, blend until smooth. Season the egg yolk mixture with salt and pepper to taste. If necessary, add more mayo, Greek yogurt, or mustard to suit your personal preference.
6. Fill the empty egg whites with the mixture and top with paprika and your desired toppings. Serve immediately.
7. Store leftover deviled eggs in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Are Deviled Eggs Healthy
The answer is yes! In fact, they are loaded with protein, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber. They are low in fat and cholesterol, so they are great for people who want to eat healthily.
What Are the Essential Health Benefits of Deviled Eggs
They contain high levels of vitamin B12, which helps keep our nervous system functioning properly.
Vitamin A, C, D, E, K, and pantothenic acid (vitamin B5) are also found in these delicious treats
Folate, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc, copper, manganese, selenium, and calcium are also present in abundance
Eggs are also a good source of choline, which aids in brain development and memory formation
Eggs are also rich sources of lutein, zeaxanthin, and cryptoxanthin, which protect against macular degeneration.
According to the US Department of Agriculture, 100 grams of it contains these:
- 5.07 g of protein
- 16.67 g of total lipid
- 12.32 g of carbohydrates
- 1.4 g of total fiber
- 5.07 g of sugar
- 29 mg of calcium
- 0.78 mg of Iron
- 348 mg of Sodium
- 3.5 mg of vitamin C
- 290 IU of vitamin A
Frequently Asked Questions
Is It Unhealthy to Eat Too Many Deviled Eggs?
Yes, it is unhealthy to eat too many. The American Heart Association recommends limiting consumption to two per person daily. And just like other food, consuming too much is not good for the health.
How Far Ahead Can I Make Deviled Eggs?
You can make this classic recipe at least 2 days in advance. make sure to place it in the fridge to prevent spoiling and contamination of bacteria.
How Many Calories Content Are in Two Deviled Eggs?
There are at least 249 calories in 2 deviled eggs. But if you’re trying to lose weight, then eating fewer calories should be your goal. So, instead of having 2 deviled eggs, try one. It would save you about 50 calories.