How Many Green Beans For 20 People
We answer this in our table below.
When looking at a green bean as a dish, be it for a family reunion, Thanksgiving dinner, or a BBQ with Ribs (see exactly how many ribs per person) or steak - you need to know how many cups of green beans in a pound, or in a 101 oz (6.3lb) can so you can work out how many people can I serve.
It is also worth noting that whatever your recipe, a dish like a casserole also depends on the type of event - a tailgating event is different than a holiday season or New Year lunch - the amount of fresh, canned, or frozen green beans with vary a little. We will guide you through the decision process and we have a handy chart and factual data so that you know how many cups are in a can of green beans so you can use our table to get a quick answer or if you have an odd number like 11 guests you can calculate the exact number of servings of fresh green beans in a pound, or for 2lbs of frozen green beans just how many cups and services are these.
We also give an approximate idea of how many tablespoons of green beans will serve 20, 50, or 100 people - if you are using that measurement to serve.
How Many Green Beans For 10 People
- You will need 0.4 of a large can of green beans to feed 10 people
- 2.9 small cans of beans are need to feed 10 people
- 5 cups of green beens for 10 guests
- for 10 people you will need 42 oz (2.6 lbs) of fresh or frozen beans
How Many Green Beans For 20 People
- You will need 0.8 of a large can of green beans to feed 20 people
- 5.8 small cans of beans are need to feed 20 people
- 10 cups of green beens for 20 guests
- for 20 people you will need 5.2 lbs of fresh or frozen beans
How Many Green Beans For 25 People
- You will need 1 of a large can of green beans to feed 25 people
- 7.3 small cans of beans are need to feed 25 people
- 12.5 cups of green beens for 25 guests
- for 25 people you will need 6.6 lbs of fresh or frozen beans
How Many Green Beans For 50 People
- You will need 2.1 of a large can of green beans to feed 50 people
- 15 small cans of beans are need to feed 50 people
- 25 cups of green beens for 50 guests
- for 50 people you will need 13.3 lbs of fresh or frozen beans
How Many Green Beans For 75 People
- You will need 3.1 of a large can of green beans to feed 75 people
- 22 small cans of beans are need to feed 75 people
- 37.5 cups of green beens for 75 guests
- for 75 people you will need 19.8 lbs of fresh or frozen beans
How Many Green Beans For 100 People
- You will need 4.2 of a large can of green beans to feed 100 people
- 30 small cans of beans are need to feed 100 people
- 50 cups of green beens for 100 guests
- for 100 people you will need 26.4 lbs of fresh or frozen beans
What are the different can sizes of Green Beans?
How Many Oz of Green Bean Can Size # 10 - 101 oz
This can measures approximately 6 3/16" wide and 7" high. Typically these are at bulk food stores like Costco or Sam Club or commercial catering suppliers. This is a large can economical when feeding a large crowd. This can typically holds 6-6.5 lb 101 oz - varies a little depending on what is inside. eg Delmonte has a 101 oz sold at Sams Club and Amazon.
Green Bean Can Size Found In a Grocery Store.
In your local supermarket, there is typically a larger variety of smaller can sizes depending on the manufacturer. We are going to base our calculations on a can that holds are 15 oz and is often called a #300 can - and is about 4 inches high and 3 inches wide or diameter.
What are the different frozen packets or bag sizes of Green Beans?
Frozen Green Bean packages are typically 1lb, 2lb, or 5lb. For example, Kirkland Organic Whole green beans come in a 5lb bag. You can use the table above in the pounds section or answer to get how many frozen 5lb bags of beans you need for 100 people - You need 5.2 bags.
Canned Green beans Serving Size
Here we will examine some examples of how many cups and tablespoons of canned green beans (fresh green bean also) also plus some other serving questions for green beans
How do you calculate green beans per person?
When calculating a green bean recipe and how many beans per person you can check the back of the can, each type of bean is different - for example, southern green beans I would increase the per person serving size by 10%.
Other factors to consider when serving canned green beans for a crowd are how many other side dishes are being served. If you are at a family dinner with only 2 sides then I would increase the serving size by 15%. However, if you were having a New Years Dinner with lots of side dishes, mashed potato, gravy, and bread then you can probably decrease the serving size of the canned beans by 20%
How many servings in a large can of green beans - there are 22 full-sized servings in a large can of 101 oz.
How Many Tablespoons Of Green Beans Per Person - Between 10-11 tablespoons of canned green beans per guest.
how many cups of green beans in a large can - The are 11 cups in a 101 oz can.
How Many Cups Of Green Beans Per Person - for a single person budget on 1/2 cup per person.
How many servings of green beans do 5 lbs make? It will make 20 servings.
How many pounds of green beans do you need for 50 people?
For 50 people - you will need 25 cups of beans of approximately 7lbs of beans, which is 1.2 large cans of beans.
How many green beans for Different Events and Occasions
- Buffet Style Requires Bigger Portions - increase serving size by 10%
- Thanksgiving Dinner Green Bean Portion - decrease serving size to 1/3 cup because at a family event like this - there are so many other sides to choose from that people tend to eat less.
- BBQ - use 1/2 cup per person for canned vegetable serving per person.
- Christmas - similar to Thanksgiving, with so many side dishes on offer, the quantity can be decreased by 20%.
What are the best serving ideas for green beans?
- bacon bits - add nice texture and flavor
- soy sauce
- french fried onions
- diced sauteed onion
- crispy fried onion
- garlic - minced garlic adds a real intense flavor
- garlic powder can also be used
- red pepper flakes
- sliced almond and butter
- shallot and onion powder
- salt and pepper
- potato sticks
- diced tomatoes (great on southern style green beans)
- parmesan cheese - shredded or grated.
- drizzle over olive oil and brown sugar
- baked beans
Serve your choice(s) in a baking dish - and for a fresh green bean recipe - if you broil or grill then with a topping of cheddar cheese and cayenne pepper (pinch) they will be really popular.
See our catering for a big group resource page for lots more quantities of side dishes and mains to serve at a family dinner.