Planning a gathering and serving pulled pork sandwiches can be a delightful idea, but it also comes with its own set of challenges.
One of the most common questions hosts grapple with is: “How many pulled pork sandwiches should I prepare for my crowd?” It’s a delicate balance – you don’t want to run out of food, but you also don’t want to be left with a mountain of leftovers.
If you are serving pork as part of a meal – we have a guide on how much pulled pork per person
Pulled pork is a crowd favorite always, and even more so as it can be prepared ahead of time.
That’s where we come in. This guide is here to help you navigate this tricky topic. We’ll delve into the delicious world of pulled pork sandwiches, explore why they’re a crowd favorite at gatherings, and, most importantly, guide you on how to calculate the perfect number of sandwiches per person.
Handy Table For How Many Pulled Pork Sandwiches for 5 to 100 People
|Number Of People||Number Of Sandwiches (Full Slice)||Pounds Of Pulled Pork||How Much Raw Pork To Buy (Boneless)|
|5||10||2 lbs||3.5 lbs|
|10||20||4 lbs||7 lbs|
|25||50||10 lbs||17 lbs|
|50||100||20 lbs||34 lbs|
|100||200||40 lbs||75 lbs|
Commercial Sandwich Food services utilize 2 ounces of pork per sandwich just because they are more economical and need to make a profit. At the same time, homestyle pork sandwiches use 4 oz per sandwich.
What are the Best Breads For Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Pulled pork sandwiches can be made with a variety of breads, each offering a unique taste and texture. Here are some of the best options:
- Brioche Buns: These are a popular choice due to their slightly sweet flavor and soft, buttery texture. They are sturdy enough to hold up to the juicy pulled pork and any additional sauces or toppings.
- Hamburger Buns: A classic choice, hamburger buns are readily available and provide a neutral flavor that allows the taste of the pulled pork to shine.
- Kaiser Rolls: These crusty rolls are sturdy and can hold a lot of pulled pork without getting soggy. They also add a nice textural contrast to the tender pulled pork.
- Ciabatta Rolls: Known for their chewy texture and rustic appearance, ciabatta rolls can stand up to a generous serving of pulled pork and won’t fall apart.
- Slider Buns: If you’re serving pulled pork as an appetizer or at a large gathering, slider buns are a great choice. They are small, easy to handle, and perfect for bite-sized servings.
- Baguette: For a twist on the traditional pulled pork sandwich, consider serving the pulled pork on a baguette. The crusty exterior and soft interior of the baguette provide a nice contrast to the tender pork.
How Many Sandwiches Can You Make Out Of a Pork Butt?
A full-sized pork butt can be 9-10 lbs, allowing for meat shrinkage – 9 lb pork butt will make 30 sandwiches, which is enough for 15 people.
How Many Sandwiches Can You Make Out Of Pork Shoulders?
A raw 8-pound pork shoulder makes about 20 sandwiches.
How Many Sandwiches Will 10 lbs of Pulled Pork Make
It will make 50 sandwiches from 10 lbs of cooked pulled pork.
Lastly, do not forget to get a great list of ideas when you are catering to a crowd by reading our master page for feeding big groups.