How Much Meat Per Person for Tacos For A Big Party
One of my favorites is ground beef taco or tortilla. But there are lots of different meat that can be used to fill them.
One of the most common and popular is ground beef because it is easy to cook and cheap to buy.
So we will answer exactly how many pounds of ground beef per person for tacos?
The humble taco is not really impressive or fancy, but they are satisfying and everyone loves them. I don’t get tired of the taco.
I love to load them up with many different fillings like sliced iceberg lettuce and shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, sour cream, and guacamole. To give the taco a little bit more flavor I add chopped red or green onions, and hard shell and soft shell flour tortillas. To make a gourmet taco add pico de gallo and cilantro.
What are the most popular taco meat for taco for a large event or family picnic?
- ground beef
- pulled pork (pork shoulder)
- shredded chicken – (can use leftover chicken)
- brisket (shredded beef)
There are lots of variations of the above and almost everyone has their own favorite homemade taco meat recipe.
Taco Meat Serving Size Per Person
When you have a big party or large group the answer to How Much Meat Per Person for Tacos is 5 oz or 1/4 pound per person.
I have run a number of large family picnics, Tailgate and Superbowl parties and this amount of meat has never failed to feed everyone. I usually have about 10% leftover and everyone always says “you know how to serve the right amount of meat for tacos”.
How do you calculate Taco Meat per person?
You calculate Taco meat per person based on an average number based on the mix of guests, kids, men women – but it works well – everyone gets the Tacos they want and there is usually a little leftover Taco meat, but less than 15%. You can make chicken, beef, pork or steak Tacos the amounts are the same.
How much Taco meat do you need per person for a tailgate event?
For a tailgate gathering, you will need 1/2 pound of meat per person because the event will go on for more than 2 hours and often people that were not planned for will grab a taco. At halftime, folks will often have another Taco. This also assumes that Tacos are your only main dish. If you have other tailgate dishes like sandwiches then reduce the amount accordingly.
If you don’t know how much beef to buy, here’s an idea:
1 lb. of flank steak is about 4 servings of Taco meat. People will eat 2 taco per event – and put around 3-4 oz of cooked meat in their corn tortillas and tacos. So 4 ounces per guest.
HOW MANY POUNDS OF Taco Meat PER PERSON SHOULD I BUY?
You should buy 1/2 pound (500g) of Taco meat per person. This is equivalent to 8oz per person
What about Ground beef?
How many pounds of ground beef per person for tacos?
Here is the answer – you will need one-third of a pound of ground beef per person for tacos. That is 5 oz of ground beef per person at your taco bar.
How many lbs of hamburger per person for tacos?
Here is the answer – you will need 0.4 of a pound of hamburger per person for tacos. That is 6 oz of hamburger per person at your taco bar. Basically a little less than a single large hamburger patty will be enough per person for 1 taco.
Handy Table with Exact Amount of Meat Per Person for Tacos
We will list the popular meats to serve with taco’s.
For 10 Guests how much meat per person for tacos
- For 10 guests you will need 4.1 lb of uncooked taco meat
- For 10 people you will need 3.8 lb of Hamburger meat for tacos
- For 10 People you will need 3.1 pounds of ground beef for tacos
- For 10 Guests you will need 3.2 pounds of shredded chicken or turkey for tacos
For 20 People at a Party how much meat per person for tacos
- For a party of 20 guests, you will need 8.2 lb of uncooked taco meat
- For a group of 20 people you will need 7.6 lb of Hamburger meat for tacos
- For agathering of 20 People you will need 6.2 pounds of ground beef for tacos
- For 20 friends you will need 6.4 pounds of shredded chicken or turkey for tacos
For 50 Guests how much meat per person for tacos
- For 50 guests you will need 21 lb of uncooked taco meat
- For 50 people you will need 19 lb of Hamburger meat for tacos
- For 50 People you will need 19 pounds of ground beef for tacos
- For 50 Guests you will need 19.2 pounds of shredded chicken or turkey for tacos
For 100 Guests at a Big Party how much meat per person for tacos
- For a larger group 100 guests you will need 40 lb of uncooked taco meat
- For family and friends of a big group of 100 people you will need 38 lb of Hamburger meat for tacos
- For 100 People you will need 31 pounds of ground beef for tacos
- For a party of 100 you will need 32 pounds of shredded chicken or turkey for tacos
What are the best sides, fillings, and toppings to serve at a Taco Party for lots and lots of people?
- sour cream
- shredded lettuce (romaine lettuce is good)
- sauteed onion
- diced onion (white onion can be quite strong – I like red onion)
- cheese (shredded cheese is best)
- bell pepper
- beans (refried beans)
- pinto beans
- black bean
- Tomato Sauce
- Taco Sauce
- Pepper flakes
How many tacos will 2 pounds of ground beef make?
Two pounds of ground beef will make 12-14 tacos.
How much ground beef do I need for tacos for 6 people
To feed six people tacos – 2 tacos per person you will 2 lbs of ground beef.
What is the ratio of ground beef to tacos
The exact ratio of ground beef to tacos is 2.5 oz of ground beef per taco
How many tacos will 10 pounds of ground beef make?
Ten lbs of ground beef will make 64 tacos.