For the holiday season, there is nothing like a bit of planning and one of the best dishes to serve for a big family get-together is French Toast.
It is easy to make it a festive holiday breakfast by using some red and green to give it that real festive or Christmas look. We have used mint as a garnish but you can also use any other bright green leaf herb for the same effect.
You can see our exact table for how much french toast per person to serve here for a big family group.
Here is our recipe for caramelized bananas and french toast with bacon so you get the sweet and savory taste – it truly is a recipe that will delight all your family.
French Toast with Banana and Bacon
For a holiday Season brunch or breakfast this recipe will please all.
Servings: 2 people
- 4 oz bacon
- 3 slices bread
- 3 eggs
- 2 banana
- 2 tbsp cream
- 1 orange
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- Cook the bacon till brown on both sides and set on a paper towel to drain
- Cook the banans until brown and caramelized
- Combine the eggs, milk or cream with the salt, cinnamon and vanilla extra. Then whisk together until well mixed
- Cover the bread with egg by putting it into the egg mix
- Warm a skillet or pan with some butter and oil on medium heat
- Cook the bread until golden on both sides – approxiamte 1-2 minutes per side
- Garnish with mint and orrane segements
- You can prepare the bacon ahead of time
- Also cut the bacon into smaller pieces so the dish plates up nicely
Calories: 1036kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 84g | Saturated Fat: 29g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 13g | Monounsaturated Fat: 39g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 321mg | Sodium: 557mg | Potassium: 732mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 814IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 148mg | Iron: 3mg