How To Make Scrambled Eggs For A Crowd
Serving perfectly cooked food like scrambled eggs for your friends and family is always the goal during gatherings.
Soft scrambled eggs should be made with the best effort and ingredients that you can have and we have all made great scrambled eggs for one to four people – but how do you make creamy scrambled eggs for 100 people, of any big crowd?
In this article, we will give you some ways to cook the fluffiest eggs while using some techniques in cooking for large groups like oven-baked scrambled eggs or using a sheet pan. (You can also make bacon and eggs for a crowd using sheet pans)
All you have to do is to crack, whisk, and scramble. But we will make sure that it is more exciting and flavorful. We have some great suggestions for your cooked egg.
I love scrambled eggs with reheated biscuits.
Either a skillet, oven (and a baking dish), or crockpot is all you need to make it good enough for big groups. Now, let’s start to discuss the ways to make good scrambled eggs for a party.
Scrambled eggs can work well with breakfast tacos – see how to make a taco bar for a large group.
Scrambled Eggs for A Crowd Make Ahead of Time
Can you make scrambled eggs ahead of time and reheat – Yes you can do this and below we cover 3 methods to make them ahead of time – A skillet, oven, or crock pot to make scrambled eggs ahead of time.
You can also freeze scrambled eggs ahead of the party day.
How Do You Keep Scrambled Eggs Warm for A Crowd?
The easy way to keep them warm is in a slow cooker – or even an instant pot on warm function if you have one. You can keep them warm in the crock pot for about 4-5 hours. After that, they can become rubbery, so I find it is best to consume them within 4-5 hours.
See How to Waffles For A Crowd Warm
Do scrambled eggs reheat well?
Yes they do and here is how you do it
Reheating Scrambled Eggs for One or Two
If you’re reheating just a small portion, the top ways are the stovetop or using the microwave.
Stovetop -heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of butter then your cold eggs. Gently stir until they’re fully reheated.
Microwave the eggs in a microwave-safe container and cover the eggs with parchment paper or paper towel as they will likely splatter a little bit.
Step 1- set half-power for 30-second increments and then gently stir. Repeat until they’ve reached serving temperature.
Reheating Scrambled Eggs for Crowd or Groups
If you’re heating up scrambled eggs for a family reunion or a large crowd, you’ll need to use higher-volume methods. The amount of heat is key here: Warming cold scrambled eggs in a crock-pot is not a good idea, because they are slow to heat and that leaves eggs in the food safety “danger zone” for too long. A slow cooker or crock pot is fine for keeping them warm once they’re fully reheated.
Here the oven is definitely your friend, especially for large groups. Step 1 set the heat to 300F. Now if you have scrambled eggs for 100 people divide your batch into multiple baking dishes. Adding some butter, heavy cream or even creme fraiche will help keep the eggs moist. Add a little shredded cheese at the end and you will have a nice wet and tasty solution to reheated safe eggs. Step 2 is to cover with foil and heat for 20 to 40 minutes. Every 5-6 minutes stirs. You know your eggs are ready when you have probed them with a temperature checker and the temperature is 165F. Do testing several places.
A Few Pro Tips
If you’re making eggs ahead, it’s a really good idea to add a little more butter or cream, which will raise the overall cooking temperature of the eggs and help to keep them soft and moist. You can also use cream cheese or processed cheddar cheese, which all adds moisture and flavor. Do not leave them out too long, similar to egg salad they can go off.
How Do You Store Egg Dishes For A Crowd
- First, let the eggs cool completely and then put them into an air-tight container.
- Can you freeze scrambled eggs? Yes, you sure can. Make a huge batch for a crowd and let them cool first and store them in a good quality freezer container. These are also great for serving as an egg breakfast burrito with a little bit of kosher salt, chopped chives, bacon and hash browns will make you look like a winner.
HOW LONG DO SCRAMBLED EGGS LAST IN THE FRIDGE?
You can keep make-ahead scrambled eggs for five to six days in the fridge if in a good quality air-tight container.
3 Ways to Make Surprisingly Good Scrambled Eggs for a Party
What is the secret ingredient for scrambled eggs?
If you are ever wondering what secret ingredients to add for scrambled eggs, here they go:
- 5 tbsp. finely chopped red tomatoes
- 3 tbsp. finely chopped white onions
- 3 tbsp. finely chopped scallions
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 30 eggs
Servings: 20 people
How Do I make scrambled eggs for 100 people – how many eggs do I need? – You need 150 eggs (12.5 dozen eggs)
How Do I Make Eggs More Interesting?
Having an “eggs party” – here is how to make brunch eggs for a crowd the three top ways
Cook in a Skillet
Using a non-stick skillet can be the best choice that you can have if you want to achieve the best egg for a large gathering. Soft and moist scrambled eggs are what we are aiming for. So, remember not to overcook it and put enough eggs that can fit in the skillet.
To do this, apply the most common method: a 15-inches skillet should only have 14 eggs or less. Otherwise, it will have the tendency to overflow and undercook. You wouldn’t want that, do you? Moreover, if you are cooking more of the said amount, just take note that every square inch of the pan is equivalent to one egg for efficient cooking.
1. Prepare the biggest size skillet available in your kitchen.
2. Crack the eggs in a bowl. Whisk and gently pour the milk to add the fluffiness to the eggs. Mix and beat all together, then transfer the eggs to a skillet that has been coated with butter or cooking oil.
3. Cook in medium heat, pour the remaining ingredients, and cover for several seconds to allow the eggs to simmer lightly. Add the salt and pepper.
4. Use a spatula to scramble the eggs and make sure to reach the bottom completely. Do not overcook or undercook.
5. Turn off the fire to avoid burning. Slowly add the grated cheese to the top of the egg and melt it by covering the pan with a lid to maintain the heat.
6. Serve well.
Cook in an Oven
Cooking scrambled eggs in the oven can also be a great way of cooking for large groups, especially if you are in a hurry since they can be cooked all at once. With this, you can use an 18″ L x 26″ W x 1″ H (Full Size) non-stick pan if you have a huge oven to fit this. Using the ingredients above, follow these directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 170 degrees Celsius.
2. While waiting for the oven to fully heat, pour 1/2 cup of melted butter into the baking pan or brush it with cooking oil or 2 tablespoons butter
3. Whisk the 30 eggs in a large bowl and sprinkle salt and pepper to the beaten eggs. Mix well.
4. Pour the milk gradually while continually stirring it for a fluffier result.
5. Pour the other ingredients (tomatoes, white onions, and scallions).
6. Pour eggs slowly into the pan and place them inside the heated oven.
7. Baked the eggs for 10 minutes. Uncovered.
8. Pull the pan out and stir the oven and return them for another 10 minutes of baking.
9. Remove the oven again and put the grated cheese on top. Allow it to sit and absorb the flavor well.
10. Serve well.
Cook in a crockpot
An 8 to 10 quart-sized crockpot will be needed to cook all at once or at least twice only for a large group. This may be unusual for you since crockpot is usually not used for scrambled eggs, but believe us when we say this actually works. Using the ingredients indicated above, follow these directions for cooking interesting scrambled eggs:
1. Coat the crockpot with melted butter or cooking oil to prevent the eggs from sticking and burning.
2. Whisk the eggs in a bowl and add salt and pepper for better taste.
3. Pour the tomatoes, white onions, and scallions into the egg mixture.
4. Transfer the egg mixture into the crockpot and gradually mix it with the milk and cheese.
5. Cook the eggs on high for 1 to 2 hours until it becomes solid yet soft. Make sure it is not undercooked.
6. Fold the sides of the eggs to gently scramble them into fine slices. Do not mix the eggs too much to prevent them from getting dry.
7. Remove the eggs from the crockpot and let it cool.
8. Serve well.
How to Make Vegan Scrambled Eggs
Use a non-stick skillet or pan when cooking the perfect scrambled eggs.
How to cook vegan scrambled eggs for a large group, we got an alternative recipe for you. Take note that we will be using a skillet here for an interesting breakfast meal. Here it goes:
- Himalayan black salt
- Scallions and other fresh herbs
- White onions
- Almond flour
- Mustard, Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder & Onion Powder
- Almond milk
- Nutritional yeast
- Vegan butter
1. Crumble your tofu into the smallest, finest pieces that you can do. Do the same way for the herbs and white onions.
2. Except for the vegan butter, blend all the ingredients in the blender until soft and smooth.
3. Over low to medium heat, warm your non-stick skillet. Coat it with your vegan butter.
4. Pour the vegan crumbled tofu and slowly mix it all together. Add the Himalayan black salt to taste.
5. Keep stirring until it thickens and reduces a bit.
6. Remove it from the skillet and let it cool.
7. Serve well.
How Do I Make Eggs More Interesting?
What can I add to scrambled eggs for flavor?
To make your scrambled eggs more appetizing and appealing to your friends and family, let us add more spices and ingredients. So, whether you want it creamy, soft, dry, or a bit runny, what is important is you do not burn or overcook the egg; otherwise, it will just go to waste.
Here are the ingredients that you can add:
- Fresh herbs like thyme, basil, oregano, or tarragon
- Fresh, chopped mild herbs like basil chives, parsley, or mint
- Chopped scallions
- Finely sliced red tomatoes
- Finely sliced cooked ham
- Finely sliced cheesy hotdogs
- Parmesan cheese
- Grated cheddar
- Melted cheese
- Creamy dollops of cream cheese or sour cream
- Fish sauce, Worcestershire sauce, or oyster sauce
- Drained salsa
- Lemon juice
- Hot sauce
- Chopped mushrooms
- Chopped spinach
- Chopped salmon or smoked fish
- Shredded chicken
Other Ideas to Flavor Scrambled Egg Recipes For a Crowd
Salty Sauces like
soy sauce to your eggs.
Adding a small amount of a salty sauce while you’re scrambling the eggs will mix the sauce throughout the egg mixture.
Mayo adding mayonnaise. Some people do not like it, but others lum it – Japanese call it yum yum sauce – it does make a good addition to scrambled eggs! Just use a teaspoon though with your egg mixture and you will get deliciously moist rich eggs.
Hot Sauce – can make a deliciously spicy zing to scrambled eggs! I find it best to add hot sauce after the cooking. You can also add some chopped green chiles, cayenne pepper or chili flakes to the egg mixture before cooking.
Scrambled Egg Volumizing Ingredients
For big, full of flavor fluffy scrambled eggs, try adding 1 tablespoon club soda for every 2 eggs you’re cooking. Or you can try baking soda
put 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda for each of the 4 eggs you’re cooking. Whisk the volumizing additives into your egg mixture to get soft and fluffy eggs!
DO YOU COOK EASY SCRAMBLED EGGS WITH BUTTER OR OIL?
Butter gives a much nicer taste – so my suggestion is to add at least some butter (even ghee) – use a 50/50 mixture as a little oil is good as it will also add flavor – like rapeseed oil is nice.
So in conclusion
The Foolproof Way to Make Scrambled Eggs for a Crowd
Anyone who has ever hosted a large gathering knows the pain of scrambling eggs for a crowd. You put them in a pan with too much milk and they come out looking like wet, whiter scrambled eggs.
You put them in a pan with too little milk and they come out looking like dry, overcooked scrambled eggs.
How do you cook eggs in a large pot without them turning out like one of the two?”
We hope by reading this article now you know how to cook “Buffet-Style Fluffy Oven Scrambled Eggs for a Crowd Recipe“