Stuffed Ziti Fritta is a dish from Italy that has become very popular over the years. The name itself says it all—stuffed pasta fried in oil. Stuffed Ziti Fritta was created by Chef Luigi Cappelli, who was born in Naples, Italy.
This also follows the famous Olive Gardens Ziti fritta Inspiration
This recipe is quick and straightforward to prepare. This dish is perfect for parties or special occasions because it is easy to prepare and can be served hot or cold.
You’ve got to make sure your party guests are well fed if you’re going to serve stuffed ziti fritta. Here’s a recipe for stuffed zucchini frittata that makes it easy to serve up tasty stuffed portions of pasta for your hungry guests. Served with a Homemade Olive Garden Salad and you have a perfect lunch.
How To Make Stuffed Ziti Fritta
Stuffed ziti fritta is a delicious and easy-to-make pasta dish that is perfect for entertaining. It is also gluten-free, so it can be made without worrying about cross-contamination with other dishes. You will need:
- 1 package of ziti pasta (or any other small shaped pasta)
- 2 cups of ricotta cheese.
- 4 eggs
- 6 ounces of mozzarella cheese.
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper
- All-purpose flour
- Olive Oil
1. To begin making this dish, first, boil water in a large pot. Once boiling, add salt and bring it back to a boil. Add the ziti (or any shaped pasta of your choice) and cook until al dente. Drain the cooked ziti and set it aside.
2. Next, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, eggs, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, oregano, and seasonings. Mix together thoroughly.
4. Put the mixture inside a zip lock bag or piping bag. If you’re using a zip-lock plastic bag for piping, you must seal the bag and then cut off the corners.
5. Put the cheese mix on one side of the pasta. Turn it over and fill the other half. Put the pasta on top of a cookie sheet or parchment paper. Freeze it for 30 minutes.
6. After dipping each piece of pasta into the beaten egg, coat each piece with flour. Next, sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
7. Using a slotted spoon, place three to six pieces of pasta into the hot oil at a temperature of 350 degrees F. Fry each batch for three minutes until the outside is golden brown. Continue with the rest of the pasta.
8. Line them up with a paper towel so they can wipe away any excess oil. Serve with chopped parsnips and parmesan cheese. To add more flavor and taste to your pasta frittata, add some marinara sauce and/or Alfredo sauce.
Servings: 10 Servings
Preparation time: 30 Minutes
Cooking time: 10 Minutes
Total time: 40 Minutes
What’s in Stuffed Ziti Fritta?
Olive Garden’s Stuffed Ziti Fritta has five kinds of cheese, so I do as well. Ricotta, mozzarella, cream cheese, Parmesan, and Romano cheeses were put into these spaghetti tubes. Fresh basil was also added to the cheese mix. Add a little fresh basil.
What To Serve with Stuffed Ziti Fritta?
Stuffing Ziti Fritta full of cheese makes a great dish, but what to serve with them.
First lets try serving Olive Gardens Famous Salad
- Grilled chicken wings
- Roasted vegetables
- Cherry tomatoes
- Parmesan cheese
- Italian flatbread