How to Reheat a Burrito
A great Tex-Mex for dinner is what everyone loves. Burritos are popular because they have a lot of delicious filling in a neat and appetizing packaging.
Ground beef, shredded cheese, and sour cream are just some of the amazing flavors.
These also go nicely with a reheated serving of cornbread.
Burritos are very filling so there’s a good chance that you have lots of leftovers. They need to be reheated before you eat them, whether you want to meal prep in advance, ordered too many from a restaurant, or couldn’t finish the one you cooked.
Some people don’t know how to reheat a burrito. If you put one into the microwave, it won’t do you any good. A burrito that is soggy is not appetizing. We are here to make sure you get the most out of your leftovers.
The article will show you how to warm and reheat a burrito in the oven, microwave, or other appliance. Your burrito will taste great, with a solid and crisp tortilla, and have your favorite filling that is warm through evenly.
With that said, how are you going to be reheating your burrito?
It’s possible that you want to heat your burrito on the grill. You might just want a quick, warm breakfast that you can cook in the microwave. Either way, we’re going to show you how to re-warm your burrito with any kitchen appliance or tool you can think of.
If your burrito contains wet ingredients like mayo or sour cream, you may want to empty it out. Scoop out the wet ingredients and put them back together – you do not want a sad soggy breakfast burrito. Also if there is some liquid there use a damp paper towel to remove the last or the sour cream.
You can also choose to leave them in, but your burrito may be a little soggier than desired, and you will need to add extra sour cream/sauce after reheating.
Also remove the guacamole, cold ingredients such as lettuce, sliced tomatoes, and raw herbs like cilantro. Taking these out and putting them back after you have reheated the core burrito will give you a better result. Also if you choose the microwave method then do not forget to use a microwave-safe plate so that it does not overheat the bottom of your reheated burrito.
Wondering how to reheat a burrito and get it just right – now you have the basics Let’s warm up our burritos now.
Top 5 methods of reheating your burrito in 2023
Reheat burrito? From a Chipotle Burrito to a Taco Bell Burrito or even a homemade one with refried beans, check out these top burrito reheating tips of 2023
How to Reheat a Burrito in the Oven
Reheating a Burrito in the Oven:
This is the best way to cook a burrito, as everything cooks through evenly. Best of all, your tortilla will be warm and crisp.
Begin by Preheating the oven to 230F.
Wrap loosely in aluminum foil or tin foil. This helps to heat it through faster and stops the reheated burrito from drying out.
Place the wrapped burrito into the oven for 25-30 minutes. If you are reheating quite a few foil-wrapped burritos, be sure to space them out evenly on large pans. At the same time, you can also warm up your hash browns!
When taking them out of the oven put in some oven mitts or use tongs. Check the center and filings are heated to 165F – using a probe thermometer.
Remove the tin foil and serve your burrito.
You can use a similar method to reheat an enchilada.
How to Reheat a Burrito in the Microwave
It’s possible that a microwave could be your best option for cooking leftovers fast. It’s possible that you just want a really quick dinner and don’t have time to wait for the oven to heat up.
It’s possible to heat up a burrito using the microwave. It will not be the same as a reheated burrito in the oven. The shell of your tortilla will be softer. It does not work quite so well for a wet burrito.
- Place the burrito on a microwave safe plate.
- Reheat on high for one minute, then let it sit in the microwave for 30 seconds. This will let it continue cooking and distribute the heat evenly throughout the burrito.
- Then repeat the heating for another minute, and rest your burrito for 30 seconds.
- Check the internal temperature is 165F and you are ready to serve.
At the same time, you can heat up any condiments that came with it like refried beans, potato, breakfast sausage or hash browns.
How to Reheat a Burrito on a Skillet
A burrito can be reheated in a regular skillet ( or even an electric skillet or griddle) if you don’t have a microwave. The method works best for traditional burritos or mini burritos that are small.
- Heat up the skillet to medium heat.
- Unwrap the leftover burrito and place it on the skillet
- The key then is to place a lid over the skillet so that all the leftover is heated for about 2-3 minutes.
- Then flip the leftover burrito to the other and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Check you have a hot inside and your shell will be crispy – this works with both flour tortilla and corn tortilla.
How to Reheat a Burrito on a Grill or BBQ
Many people do it, even though you might think firing up the grill to make a burrito is unnecessary – but it is great if you have a crowd to feed or breakfast for a family reunion. This is a good way to get a perfect burrito shell.
Also, you can cook your burritos the day before and it is a great way to serve them for a big group [see how to serve tacos for a big group] also you can use this method to serve them at the BBQ.
- Light up the grill and set the wrapped burrito on it.
- IF you have grill with a lid or a Traeger grill or an electric pellet grill this also a great way to reheat a soggy burrito
- Grill the burrito gently on very low heat for around 15 minutes, you can also turn off the grill and let the residual heat warm the insides evenly. Repeat on the next side until the middle is nice and hot.
- Then, with tongs move the burrito to the hot zone of the grill to get some nice grill marks and crisp up your wet burrito.
How to Reheat a Burrito in an Air Fryer:
If you want to cook a burrito in an air fryer, it is easy. It is a particularly clever way to make a crispy breakfast burrito quickly.
If you want to reheat a freezer burrito, defrost it in a microwave first. This is a great way to make freezer breakfast burritos.
You can also reheat normal ones with this method below also, just take them out of the fridge to let then warm up inside for 30 mins first, or 30 seconds in a microwave.
- Turn on and heat the air fryer to 330F.
- Place the burrito (not wrapped) in the air fryer
- Spray the corn tortilla with some vegetable oil
- Air fry for 15 minutes, or until the flour tortilla shell is golden and toasted up evenly.
How to Reheat a Burrito a Toaster Oven
Reheating a Burrito in the Toaster Oven:
This is similar to the oven method, but you need to watch more closely as the toaster grill being smaller it can burn more easily.
- Heating to 230F.
- Wrap the burrito in aluminum foil, we do this to stop the reheated burrito from drying out.
- Place the wrapped burrito into the oven for 20 minutes
- Check the center of the burrito is heated to 165F – using a probe thermometer.
- Remove the tin foil and serve your burrito.
Can I Reheat a Breakfast Burrito?
Yes, to reheat a breakfast burrito use an oven at about 220-250F for 10-15 minutes.
Can I Reheat a Burrito with Sour Cream?
Scoop out the sour cream before reheating to prevent a soggy outcome and add it back later.
What Temperature Do You Reheat Burritos?
The temperature is going to vary depending on the elements you are using. Whatever the external temperature is, you need to ensure that the burrito insides are 165 degrees before you take it out.
For the oven, you can reheat it at 250 degrees. For a microwave, make sure that you reheat on high power for 30 seconds let it rest and reheat again
You want an internal temperature of 165F for the final temperature inside the burrito
Now you know how to reheat a breakfast burrito – use the oven at 250F.
Crispy Breakfast Burrito Make It Quickly
A crispy breakfast burrito can be a delicious meal or morning treat. However, making one can be a bit tricky. Here are a few tips on how to make a crispy breakfast burrito quickly:
First, you’ll need some quality burritos that have not been in the fridges as leftovers for too long.
To make it crispy yet how in the middle use a two-step burrito reheating method.
I like the outside crispy, but I also want the inside of the burrito to be hot as well. So what I do is put it in the microwave for 30-60 seconds to start the inside to warm up.
This can make the outside a little soggy, however, using either a hot skillet with a little butter you can fry up the outer burrito to be nice and crisp.
But my favorite method is around 5 minutes in the air fryer at around 300-350 F. If the inside has already been heated in the microwave this method works a treat.