How To Warm Up a Cold Apple Pie
Cold pies do not have the same consistency or taste as warm pies and should be reheated. You could use an oven or microwave to reheat the pie but let us walk you through the top tips for each pie reheating method.
If you prefer to eat apple pie with crumble and brown sugar on top, try making both at once by baking them together. This will allow you to get an amazing-looking crumb topping ready to eat.
If you are hosting a party or having breakfast, it is ideal to have a reheated apple pie. Are you having dessert pie cravings? If you made an apple pie the day before then reheating it with a cup of coffee is just magic - we will guide you through the steps so you do not get a soggy crust and your pie plate is delicious.
Can you reheat cooked apple pie?
Yes, you can reheat or warm-up cooked apple pie, there are many ways from the oven, microwave, toaster oven, and even an electric griddle.
Once it is time to reheat the leftover apple pie, there is no point in reheating the whole fruit pie just to have one or two slices. Once the whole pie has been reheated, it needs to be eaten. So, you should slice off as many slices as you are going to eat and leave the rest in the refrigerator. Plastic wrap the remaining and turn it into a frozen pie, by placing it in the freezer.
Best Ways To Reheat Apple Pie in 2021
There are. many ways to reheat an apple pie - the microwave is the fastest and the oven is the best.
Also, see how to store Apple Crisp
How To Reheat Apple Pie In The Oven
- First, preheat the oven to 350 F degrees. Put the already baked apple pie on a baking sheet (parchment paper) or Aluminum foil - shiny side up it is less sticky. foil.
- Depending on the pie size your reheat times will vary - for a store brought pie that needs reheating
- 18 minutes for a 9-inch fruit pie will ensure your dough is not soggy and the pie filling is piping hot.
- 15 minutes for a 5-inch pie, putting it on a cookie sheet will make the pie dough crust nice and crunchy
- Apple Turnovers can be reheated in about 12 minutes.
- Pie Slice will take about 8 minutes - just watch the pie crust does not burn. To stop the apple from going brown drizzle a little lemon juice on it.
How do you heat up costco apple pie?
Costco apple pies are really nice - and especially good if you have a big crowd of a party because they are quite reasonably priced for the quality.
Heat the Costco pie for 15 minutes and probe with a food thermometer - get it to 165 F and you are ready to serve.
How do I know my Apple Pie Is Reheated and Ready to Eat?
The best way in which you can test whether you have a warm apple pie and has been heated completely is by taking it out of the oven, pierce the center with a skewer or stick, leave there for about 15 seconds.
Then remove the skewer and carefully put it to your lips to test it is hot.
The best way to test if your apple pie is reheated is to use a food thermometer - check it has reached 165F in the center of the pie and you are ready to enjoy - with a spoon or scoop of ice cream or with some whipped cream. If you have a crumble topping the take care it does not burn in the reheating process by checking every 5 minutes.
Reheating Fruit or Apple Pie In Microwave
Apple pies are delicious when they're fresh out of the oven, but sometimes we just want something that's ready now! You don't need an oven or stovetop to make this happen. Just pop your favorite piece into the microwave and enjoy!
The microwave is the fastest to reheat the pie. Just watch as this method can produce a soggy pie.
Place a single slice of the pie in the microwave.
- Heat the slice of pie for one minute, remove from the microwave and leave it to stand for around 30 seconds.
- Check temperature. If it is not heated enough, you can microwave the pie for 30 seconds more.
- It does depend on the size of the slice
- To heat a whole apple pie in the microwave you will need about 5 minutes for a smaller pie - you must let it rest before checking the internal temperature. If it is not hot enough put it back for another 90 seconds.
How to Reheat an Apple Pie in a Toaster Oven
You can also use a toaster oven to reheat your frozen pie. It's easy to cook apple pie in a toaster oven. It's best to use a toaster oven that is the same temperature as your conventional oven(350F) for around 10 minutes. The only real difference between reheating pies in a toaster oven and standard ovens is that using a toaster oven, it is best to cover your apple pie in aluminum foil, especially if the toaster is quite small- it will stop the top from getting burnt.
How long can a Mcdonald's apple pie last in the fridge?
A McDonald's apple pie if stored in an air-tight container or plastic wrap will last for at least 3-5 days.
Can I reheat a Mcdonald's apple pie?
Yes - I like the oven method as it makes the pie extra crisp. If it is dry then wrap it first in aluminum foil to keep in the moisture before you put it in the oven.
Can eating an old apple pie be dangerous?
You can eat an old apple pie with crumble topping if you see no mold and make sure the insides are above 165F.
Can baked apple pie slices be frozen?
Yes, apple pie slices can be frozen. Just make sure you wrap the apple pie tightly using plastic wrap or aluminum foil to keep them air-tight. Or if you freeze, wrap the slice in a freezer bag.
Can you reheat an Apple Pie More Than once?
How frequently can we reheat a pie - reheating a pie really should only be done once if you follow the FDA or Food Standards Agency. However, if you bring it above 165 F (the center of the pie or the pie filling must be above 165 F) for at least 5 minutes it is most likely safe. However, generally reheat food only once.
When you reheat apple pie, and do it correctly it will not lose any of its goodness, but rather when you reheat the leftover pie, it tastes just as nice as when freshly baked- and with a little spoon of ice cream you are in heaven!
How do you prevent pie from becoming soggy?
A: BAKE - Bake your apple pie in an oven to prevent it from becoming soggy
- I would suggest using parchment paper as your liner for baking and then covering with foil after cooling. This will help keep moisture out of the crust and also allow steam to escape during cooking.
- A good rule of thumb is that if there's any liquid in the pan use parchment paper instead of aluminum foil because it allows more evaporation than aluminum does.
So how should you thaw your frozen apple pie?
Thawing your apple pie will make it taste better when it's ready to eat. We need to be careful when we do this, as bacteria can grow fast on food between 40 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
So how should you thaw your frozen apple pie? It's best to put it in the fridge overnight. While it is possible to place your pie in the oven immediately, the pie crust can become soggy.
This is caused by the pie being subjected to heat and water at the same time. The quality or safety of the pie is not at risk because the refrigerator allows the pie to thaw slowly. The best way to thaw the pie is to leave it in the fridge overnight.
How To reheat a frozen apple pie?
After you have thawed it from the method above
- Heat your oven to 350 F degrees Fahrenheit
- Place it on a pie plate or cookie sheet
- Bake for 18 minutes for a 9-inch apple pie
Can you reheat apple pie twice?
Yes, you can if it is within the 2-hour food safety window and you need to warm it up again. Beyond that food can start to grow bacteria. So it is best practice to only reheat Apple pie once.
Same for an apple crumble - you can reheat it two times, but only within the food safety window.
Top 9 Tips for reheating Apple crumple and Apple Pie
Apple pie is one of those desserts which tastes great cold too! But what happens when we want to eat our favorite dessert hot? Well, there’s nothing wrong with eating it hot – just make sure you follow some simple rules first. Here they are:
- Don't let the pie sit at room temperature for more than two hours. If you do, then you'll have to heat it up again
- Make sure the filling doesn't get exposed to air while cooling down.
- Keep the pie covered until serving time.
- Serve within the 2 hour food safety time period.
- Avoid touching the surface of the pie before cutting into it.
- Use a sharp knife to cut slices.
- Never put ice cream directly onto the pie if you are going to reheat it later - eat it all
- Serve with whipped cream enrichens the apple flavor