How to Reheat McDonalds Fries the Top 5 Ways in 2022
McDonalds Fries are special right – so to warm up their leftover fries is slightly different than just the normal method of how to reheat Thick Cut or other French Fries.
We have some tricks in store for you to enjoy Mcdonald’s fries even if they’ve been lying around for a day.
You can learn how to cook Mcdonald’s fries without making them soggy.
These go well with a reheated Italian meatball sub.
Some Other Mcdonalds Articles
- Is it safe to eat a Big Mac if it has been left out overnight?
- How To Extend The Life Of McDonald’s Fries
How to Reheat Mcdonalds French Fries Perfectly
It already goes without saying that McDonald’s French fries are included in the order by many. There is just a special something about McDonald’s French Fries that makes them so good and popular.
Whether it’s the perfect light, yet golden crunchy texture or the soft fluffy potato underneath.
Maybe it is the amount of salt, so it is not a surprise McDonalds Fries is one of the best fast food fries on the market.
I like to order McDonald Fries when the restaurant is busy – because I get fries that have just been cooked and they are hot, golden crisp yet fluffy – So let’s learn how to properly reheat Mcdonald’s fries.
When they’re not piping hot, McDonald’s fries are not that good. Their texture is either soggy or hard. Many people throw away their leftover french fries because of this.
For extra flavor try this homemade McDonalds Breakfast Sauce, I know it sounds strange to put a breakfast sauce on fries but believe me it tastes really good.
How to Reheat Mc Donalds Fries in the Microwave
1) Microwave Method:
Microwaving is a great way to heat up food quickly and easily, but it can also make foods like fries soggy if you don’t know what you’re doing.
Knowing how to cook Macca’s french fries in the microwave is a real lifesaver.
While reheating your fries in the microwave won’t achieve that just out of the deep fryer crunch, but if you’re willing to have your fries on the softer side, it’s totally doable.
- The first step is to spray very lightly a little olive oil (any vegetable oil) on your fries. You only want the lightest of coatings.
- After you have oiled your fries, place them on a paper towel.
- Place the towel with the fries on a good microwavable plate and heat for 20-second intervals until you’ve reached your desired temp.
Then out they come – add a little salt and I like a dash of pepper or even the tiniest bit of cayenne pepper – it just lifts the taste. (make sure it is a very tiny amount though)
The Best Way to Reheat McDonalds Fries in the Oven
The best way to reheat or Macca’s french fries is to bake them first.
This recipe or reheat style ensures that the fries remain crunch and crisp when served straight and hot from the oven.
Reheating it this way your guests will not moan about soggy fries or spuds
- To start, Preheat the oven to 440 F (220 C) – This is a hot setting
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil – shiny side. What this does is prevent them from sticking to the pan or dish
- Even spread out your fries out on the pan. My kids love to line them up in very neat lines – it keeps them busy for 10 minutes. The key is to avoid fry overlap.
- According to your taste, you can add some extra salt and little pepper. Also, paprika or garlic powder adds a nice touch. My favorite is chicken salt. This is how you spice up McDonald fries and make them so good.
- Bake for two to three minutes. Watching very closely so they do not burn – remember you have a very hot oven.
- Check on the fries and move them about and put them back for 1 minute.
- Remove the fries when they appear crispy and have that golden glow.
McDonalds French Fries Reheated In Oven
- 1 Parchement Paper Sheet Aluminum Tin Foil
- 1 Baking Tray Or Rack
- 1 packet McDonalds French Fries
- Preheat The Oven to 375 F
- Line a Baking Tray with Parchment Paper
- Spread the fries evenly over the oven tray
- Reheat for 5 minutes
How to Reheat McDonalds Fries in an Air Fryer
If you love air frying but hate having to wait hours for food to come out of the fryer, then we suggest trying our favorite recipe for homemade french fries! They take less than 30 minutes to make and taste better than anything you could buy. Plus, they’re healthier because they contain zero trans fats. We also recommend making these fries ahead of time as they freeze well. Just be careful not to overfill the basket—they expand while cooking.
If you haven’t already joined the air fryer craze, for reheating food evenly they are very good.
- Preheat your air fryer to about 350 F (175C) for at least 2 minutes prior to putting in the fries. Doing the preheating steps gives you fries that are evenly baked.
- Spread the fries in the basket of the air fryer. Don’t put an excessive number of fries because they won’t be heated appropriately and your fries won’t have a crispy texture. You should consider heating the fries in batches if you have too much.
- You can then add oil, just a tiny bit, but you can also do it without oil. Experiment so get your own personal preference.
- Leave the fries in for about 3 minutes, then turn off the air fryer. Give the basket a shake. If the heat on the fries isn’t evenly distributed, return the basket to the air fryer for 1-2 minutes.
How to Reheat McDonalds Fries in a Frying Pan
While we love our frying pans, sometimes they aren’t ideal when it comes to reheating fries. That said, if you have a nonstick pan you can follow this method and you will get some surprising results.
If there is not a McDonald’s isn’t on your way home and you buy some other fries like Five Guys fries, In-N-Out fries, or Chick-fil-A fries then you can reheat these styles of fries with the same steps as our McDonald’s fry method.
This method is a little more complicated than other methods. The good news is that you can eat fresh fries, they are really good via this recipe.
- When you set the pan on the stove, make sure the burner is turned on so that it gets hot before throwing your fries in it. You can use a cast-iron skillet instead of the non-stick pan if you want your fries to be crisp. The advantage of using a cast iron skillet is that it doesn’t lose heat as quickly. If you don’t have a cast-iron skillet, you can still use the heaviest pan you have.
- Canola oil usually has a high smoking point, so use it if you want to cook them in the skillet use a high smoke point oil as you do need the oil hot. Put the oil in a pot and let it heat up until it starts to cook. Adding more oil to the skillet will help you cook more fries.
- Add the leftover fries to the skillet just when the oil begins smoking. Place the fries evenly over the pan to spread the heat. To make sure the fries are all coated in oil, use a spatula when scattering them.
- If you have a huge amount of fries and they become too much for the skillet, consider heating them in batches.
- If they sit for too long, the fries will get burnt. The entire process should take about a minute. See our post on how to reheat Steak fries as a thicker fry or hashbrown takes longer.
- After both sides are reheated and cooked, transfer the reheated fries to a tray. If you do not have a crisper tray, a baking sheet lined with a paper towel will suffice. It’s a good idea to add your favorite spices before serving.
How to Reheat McDonalds Fries in a Toaster Oven
The best way to reheat already cooked french fries like Macca’s is by using heat and this is where a toaster oven comes into its own. Especially if you have a good quality one.
This reheating fry recipe will ensure that the fries stay crisp when served hot from the toaster oven.
Doing it this way no one will complain about soggy fries.
- First, it is best to Preheat the toaster oven to 400 F (210 C)
- Use a baking sheet with aluminum foil or even a cookie sheet- shiny side up. Shiny side up helps to prevent them from sticking.
- Lay out or arrange your fries so they do not overlap.
- Put in for up to three minutes. Keep an eye on them so they do not burn
- Take them out and toss them about and put them back for 1 minute.
- Now you will have crispy fries that have a golden glow and a real crunch golden
- Season according to taste. Kosher Salt and a little ground pepper.
Your leftovers deserve an encore! Here are the top 5 ways to reheat fries. It’s so good, you’ll never want it to end.
How do you make McDonalds french fries crispy again?
You make them crispy again by using the Oven or Oven Toaster Method – 400F for 2-5 minutes.
Is there any way to reheat McDonald’s fries so that they taste fresh?
It is very easy to reheat Mcdonalds Fries in the air fryer, it’s super simple and they taste fresh?
Now you can enjoy these with a chicken nugget, burger or a hash brown.