Chicken Marsala is a classic dish that has been around since the 1950s. It is often served at formal dinners or special occasions back then and until now.
Moreover, it is a simple dish made from chicken breast marinated in white wine, garlic, and herbs. The sauce is then cooked in a creamy mushroom sauce. This dish is typically served over pasta.
Other Copycat recipes you may like are
- Olive Garden Salad
- Ziti Fritatta
- How To Make Mcdonalds Breakfast Sauce
- How to Make A Bahama Mama Smoothie
There are several reasons why Chicken Marsala is such a popular dish. First, it tastes great. Second, it’s versatile. Third, it’s easy to prepare. There are also some health benefits associated with this dish. This dish is so popular that it is offered on almost every Italian food menu. The flavorful meal can be served as a main course or with sausages or roasted potatoes for a fast and hearty supper.
Today, we’ll show you an Ina Garten’s Chicken Marsala Recipe that is fantastic. It is lovely to have on a chilly day when you want something warm and consoling. This Italian dish is also ideal for a party or gathering. It’s simple to put together, and it’ll appeal to everyone! You may serve it with pasta or vegetables as the main course. This satisfying dish will be popular with the whole family.
How To Cook Ina Garten Chicken Marsala
This classic Italian-American dish is a throwback to days gone by when families gathered for big dinners. It’s the ideal crowd-pleaser. The sauce’s crimini mushrooms and sweet marsala wine provide a sweet earthiness that enhances simple seared chicken pieces. This is a great way to learn how to cook Ina Garten Chicken marsala from scratch and look like a professional chef within a short period of time. Try it out today!
Ina Garten Chicken Marsala
- 2 lb chicken breast
- 8 oz mushrooms porcini
- 4 oz prosciutto
- ½ cup chicken broth or stock
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¾ cup flour
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup parsley flat leaf
- Place the boneless chicken breasts side by side on a cutting board, and cover them with a piece of plastic wrap. Pound them with a flat meat hammer until they are 1/4 inch thick.
- Season the all-purpose flour with a bit of salt and black pepper. Mix well with a fork or wooden spoon.
- Heat the oil in a medium-size skillet over medium heat until hot. When the oil is hot, dip the chicken pieces into the seasoned flour and then shake off any excess.
- Cook the cutlets for 5 minutes on each side, turning them once until golden brown. If the pieces don't fit comfortably into the pan, cook them in batches.
- Sauté the prosciutto in the pan drippings for 1 minute to release some fat, then lower the heat to medium.
- Sauté the mushrooms for 5 minutes until they are golden brown and most of the moisture has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sweet Marsala wine into a medium-size skillet and heat it for a few seconds to cook out the alcohol content.
- Add the chicken stock and simmer for a minute or until the sauce has slightly reduced.
- Add the butter until melted to the pan and return the chicken cutlets. Make sure the sauce is spread over chicken pieces. Simmer gently for 1 minute to warm it through.
- Before serving, sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and a pinch of salt, and a teaspoon pepper. ENJOY!
Chicken Marsala is one of everyone’s favorite dishes because it’s delicious, easy to make, and healthy. This recipe is simple to put together and can be done any night of the week, making it a good choice for busy families. It’s so delicious that you’ll want to make it repeatedly. We hope you enjoy this Ina Garten Chicken Marsala recipe as much as we do. Please leave a comment below if you have any queries.
Other Nice Ina Garten recipes
CHICKEN WITH WILD MUSHROOMS
Wild mushrooms are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and fiber. They contain a lot of protein, which makes them great for muscle building. In addition, they are easy to grow and are available all year round.
Ina Garten’s Chicken Marbella
The recipe is relatively easy to follow. The only thing I would change is to add some fresh thyme leaves into the marinade.
What Is the Best Wine for Chicken Marsala
The ideal wine match for chicken marsala is a light red wine or a full-flavored white wine.
For red wines try Pinot Noir
Wine is always a good choice when cooking chicken marsala. It can add flavor and enhance the dish. There are many different types of wines that work well with chicken marsala. The first thing to consider is the type of wine. White wine works great, but red wine also works very well. Another consideration is the price. A cheap wine may not have enough flavor to make a difference. However, a high-quality wine can really bring out the flavors in the dish.
Is sweet or dry Marsala wine better for Chicken Marsala
Dry Marsala is the ideal choice for savory meals like Chicken Marsala. Save the sweet Marsala to make sweets or desserts!
Can You Use White Wine Vinegar in Chicken Marsala
No, it will add the wrong taste, I would definitely not use white or red wine vinegar for making Chicken Marsala
Can I Use Chardonnay for Chicken Marsala
Riesling and Chardonnay are examples of white wines. Because chicken marsala is inherently flavorful and creamy, you should choose a wine that complements the tastes.