How To make - BABY POTATOES WITH GARLIC HERB BUTTER
Electric Pressure Cooker- Garlic Herb Butter Baby Potatoes
How to make Instant Pot Baby Potatoes with Garlic Herb Butter. Cooking times are not long and using an electric pressure cooker I reckon they are better than baked potatoes. Garlic herb potatoes are crispy, fluffy, and full of flavor.
Not only are these Instant Pot baby potatoes quick at only 25 minutes start to finish, but they are also super easy!
Just put your baby or new potatoes in the electric pressure cooker, set and let them cook to perfection.
While they are cooking make the herb garlic butter. Then using the bowl from the instant pot simply toss to coat. You are ready to serve
Start by adding 1.5 cups of water into your pressure cooker.
The good thing about a pressure cooker is they steam the potatoes perfectly because the pressure cooks all of them evenly. You do not need to worry about how hard the water is boiling on the stovetop.
Place your potatoes into either the steamer or on top of the trivet.
Now set your instant pot to 15 minutes high pressure and safely do a quick release. This will cook the potatoes to a soft and fluffy texture (see our video above for how they come out)
New or Baby Potato Serving Ideas
Serving Instant Pot garlic herb butter baby potatoes as a side dish for lunch or dinner is a classic. But I have also made these for my kids as an after school snack - they love them!
Make a simple vinaigrette dressing and serve with a garden salad
Make a hot potato salad - see our recipe for Bacon and Chorizo Potato Salad
How To Store Cooked Baby Potatoes
Freezer: To store them frozen
- Place the potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Let them cool slightly first now freeze until firm.
- When they are frozen hard, carefully transfer them to a resealable plastic bag.
- You can keep them frozen for up to 3 months. Doing it this way they don't stick together when frozen.
- First, cool the potatoes to room temperature. (about 30 minutes)
- Place potatoes into a small airtight container that seals well.
- Put them in the fridge.
- You can store them for 3-5 days.
- If you do not have fresh garlic - you can use garlic powder
- You can use bacon lard for extra flavor
- Fresh herbs are best but you can also use dried thyme, marjoram, oregano, rosemary
- Put them in the fridge.
- A sprinkle of Cayenne powder can liven the dish up
Make It Vegan
Baby potatoes are naturally vegan, replace the butter with olive, avocado oil or your favorite vegan butter.
Instant Pot Baby Potatoes with Garlic Herb Butter
- 1.5 pounds baby potatoes
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic use garlic powder if no fresh
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary - for cooking with the potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary for the butter mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon of finely diced fresh chives dried if no fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper optional
- Clean the potatoes to remove any dirt or grit. Drain well and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, rosemary, chives, salt, and pepper.
- Add 1.5 cups of water to the instant pot
- Add the steamer dish or trivet
- Pressure cook on HIGH for 15 minutes with quick release
- Open the lid and gently mix in the butter and herb mix over the potatoes
- Transfer the seasoned potatoes to a serving platter. Serve hot.