PRESSURE COOKER STEAK - PLUS LEVEL OF RIBEYE STEAK DONENESS GUIDE
Instant Pot Steak Recipes 2021
Ribeye steaks, are not something you'd normally think to make in an Instant Pot. The common way to cook them is, of course, on a hot grill or in a hot skillet - but when you do not feel like tending a hot grill or a hot skillet then learning how to cook a perfect ribeye steak in an instant pot is a great alternative.
We also show you how to cook the steak rare, medium or pull-apart tender - the choice is yours.
If you also like well-done but juicy and tasty then the Instant Pot is certainly one of the best ways to cook steaks. It delivers tender, juicy, and really flavorful beef to the last bite in less than thirty minutes!
How To Make A Dish Better Than Your Favorite Steak House - Read on.
Also - jump to our Instant Steak Doneness Cheat Sheet
Steak Cooking tips
After searing the meat using the SAUTE function, remember to deglaze the pot to prevent a BURN error notice if you are going to cook it till pull-apart tender.
Cooking time will vary a little depending on the thickness.
Always let your steak rest for 3-5 minutes before slicing or eating - It makes the meat so much more tender and allows for the juices to redistribute.
Take out your rib-eye and let it come to room temperate (season with salt and little pepper)
If you are doing the full instant pot cooking - (see method and video) the cook for 2 minutes on one side and then turn over for another two minutes. But after 1 minute add some butter and rosemary sprig.
Use a spoon or small ladle and tip some of the hot butter over the steak to get the butter all over.
Cook the edges of the steak for about 30 seconds - just to brown.
Rest the steak - either before eating - or before carrying on to make it pull apart tender by cooking with the beef stock in the electric pressure cooker.
I just love the rib-eye steak served with chips or french fries.
See the recipe below and the video for full details on how to make the black pepper creamy sauce.
Instant Pot Ribeye Steak
- 1 pound ribeye steak
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 shallot or onion
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 1/2 cup streaky bacon
- 1 tablespoon new york style pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar - to taste plus salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 cup beef stock
- Pat the ribeye steaks dry and sprinkle generously with steak seasoning on both sides.
- Turn Instant Pot to SAUTE HIGH setting and add oil.
- Sear the steaks - 2 minutes each side
- On the second side after one minute - add butter and rosemary
- Using tongs, remove the steak and set aside to rest.
- Add the garlic, shallots, bacon and butter
- Cook until the onion goes clear
- Add the red wine and deglaze the brown on the bottom of the pan
- Let the red wine reduce by about 50% - takes about 2 minutes
- Add pepper
- Add the beef stock
- Add the Steak
- Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes and 5-minute natural release
- Take out the steak and let the sauce mix reduce for about 2-3 minutes
- Add the cream and stir well
- Add some sugar and taste the sauce - then season with salt and pepper according to taste
- Let the sauce continue to reduce until it thickens just a little and then remove from the heat - keep string well during this process
Other Steak Tips and FAQ
What is Ribeye Steak?
Ribeye steaks come from the upper rib cage area. This section is lightly worked and has lots of fat marbling, making them one of the best cuts of meat - the marbling also makes them perfect for super hot and fast cooking. With lots of flavor coming from the fat.
So cooking steak in an instant pot is certainly a quick option but an instapot steak in only one way.
How to cook Ribeye Steak on the Grill
2 minutes each side for rare
3 minutes each side for medium-rare
and longer for medium and well done - for well-done steak our method above in an instant pot is fantastic also.
Start if you can about one day in advance by salting your steak. I use about 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt per side of steak. Why - well first the salt draws moisture out of the steak. However, over time, it re-absorbs it back in, including the salt with it and incorporating flavor throughout the entire steak.
What to serve with Ribeye Steak?
- dollop of mashed potatoes or a mountain of mashed potatoes
- with salad and corn on the cob
- butter sauce for the Ribeye is great
- Potato Salad Macaroni Salad Coleslaw
- Greek Salad Macaroni
How to Cook a Ribeye Steak on the Stove – Perfect Father's Day Recipe
WHAT A DELICIOUS WAY TO CELEBRATE YOUR FATHER, ON A FATHER'S DAY!!!
2 minutes each site for rare
3 minutes each side for medium rare.
5 minutes plus each side for well done
The ribeye steak turns out super juicy, tender, and full of flavor. Cooking ribeye steak on the cast iron skillet gives the meat that beautiful sexy char while basting with melted butter, fresh herbs and garlic, gives the steak the melt in your mouth kind of factor.
Just follow our instant pot recipe - but instead of using the instant pot - use a pan on the stove.
I am sure your father will be proud of YOU after trying this delicious steak!
Measuring Doneness Of Your Ribeye
Temperature for Doneness
Remember to fully thaw your steaks and let them come to room temperature before you start.
Sear on high heat for 1 - 2 minutes on each side, then move to indirect heat if you need to cook longer.
For perfect doneness, we recommend you use a meat thermometer and use the Measuring Doneness chart below.
See how to cook a perfect steak like a Masterchef - Steak Doneness Guide