This recipe a great Italian favorite. Your loved ones will enjoy flavor-infused rice with all the great taste of an authentic Italian dish but made right at home in your apartment with an Instant Pot.
This recipe is super easy
0.3 oz Dried mushrooms (10g) or (fresh mushrooms 1 oz or 30g)
12 oz Arborio rice (342g)
2 Garlic cloves
24 oz Chicken stock (700 g)
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (keep on tablespoon for garnish)
2.1 oz Peas (60g)
1 tablespoon butter
3 Italian sausage
1 tablespoon Olive oil
½ cup Wine
½ tablespoon Parsley
¼ teaspoon Salt
¼ teaspoon Pepper
1 Pinch Cayenne pepper
- Peel the skin of the Italian sausage off and roll into round meatball size (you could also use premade meatballs from the supermarket)
- Turn the instant pot onto sautee high and place in the olive oil and heat up
- Place the meatballs around the edge so they are in the oil.
- Cook until slightly brown
- Add in the garlic and sweat it gently
- Stir in the Arborio rice and mix it well so that the garlic and meat juices are mixed
- Add in the Parsley and gently stir again
- Then add the chicken stock and wine and mix gently
- Lastly, add the peas and 1 tablespoon parmesan and the salt pepper and a pinch of cayenne
- Put on the lid and cook on high pressure for 10 mins and then release the pressure using the quick-release button on the instant pot- be careful as the steam is very hot.
- Then gently mix in the butter and stir gently
- Now you are ready to plate up
This dish can also have bacon bits added for extra flavor and it freezes really well.
- Calories: 395
Keywords: arborio rice instant pot cook time, instant pot arborio rice, instant pot parmesan risotto