We also have a magical Peri-Peri Chicken Recipe.
Java Peanut Satay Chicken Instant Pot
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 stalk lemongrass chopped finely
- 1 small onion
- 2- inch piece of ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 fresh small red chili
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 3 tablespoons grated palm sugar use brown sugar if you do not have
- 1 tablespoon tamarind
- 1 cup natural crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 8 chicken thigh skin removed
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ½ cup chicken stock
- From the lemongrass remove the outer skin and chop finely
- Use a food processor or a hand stick blender to process the lemongrass plus chopped or diced, onion, garlic, ginger, and chili.
- Also, chop finely one kafir lime leaf if you have it (remove the middle vein and dice finely the rest of the two sides of the leaf.
- Add in the oil and blitz into a paste. If it is not wet enough add 1or 2 tablespoons of water to wet up the paste so that it just a little bit runny.
- Then add all the rest of the ingredients (except chicken stock) to the blitz paste and stir to mix well.
- Now add the chicken stock (with about 1 tablespoon of the blitzed paste) and mix to the instant pot bowl, followed by the chicken and the last remaining kafir lime leaves.
- In order to stop the instant pot from giving a burning warning keep the peanut sauce blitz off the bottom of the instant pot
- Then using a spoon put half of the peanut sauce on top of the chicken
- Cook for 20 mins on low pressure and 10 mins natural release
- After cooking scrape the peanut sauce off the top of the chicken and mix into the chicken stock that remains in the instant pot bowl. Then take out the chicken.
- Also, add the rest of the peanut sauce mix into the instant pot bowl.
- If it is too runny – take out the chicken and turn on the instant pot to sauté and reduce the sauce till it is slightly thicker.
- This is more a personal choice as to how thick you want the chicken sauce.