Pressure Cooker Chicken Corn Lime Soup
This recipe is an adaptation of Sopa de Lima.
Ready to Eat Chicken Chicken Corn Lime Soup
Easy to make in an Instant Pot
This Chicken soup is very versatile - it is refreshing when the temperature is hot and warming when it is cold. Plus it is a very light soup so you do not feel as heavy as when you eat a chowder or other thick soup.
This dish really is a must-try.
I love corn - and see what is the best way to reheat corn on the cob.
Key Spices and Flavors for Chicken Corn Lime Soup
Lemongrass is commonly used all through Asia - but it is most common in Southeast Asia. Thailand, Indonesia, and Vietnam employ it in their cuisines. for making dishes like Tom Yum Goong, Beef Rendang, and Laksa to name but a few.
Chilli is a key ingredient and you can use only a little and it will make a huge difference to the overall taste. My message to you if you are afraid - does not be - just use a very small amount to start with - you will soon learn just how much you need.
Ginger is another key ingredient, just like chili - use a little at first, but do use it because you will notice a difference. Even if you do not actually taste the ginger directly - it actually influences and enhances the overall flavor of the dish.
I really find these small white bowls great - they are easy to use and wash up afterward and are pretty well priced online.
We also have a great Risotto recipe here.
This really is a refreshing soup and garnish it with what we suggest - or just what you have - send us some pictures and we will put them on our website and Facebook!
Mexican Chicken Corn Lime Soup Instant Pot
- 67 fl oz chicken stock - 2l
- 2 pounds chicken breast or thighs 1kg
- 2 red peppers peeled, quartered, and deseeded
- 2 red chilies halved, cored, and deseeded
- 1 jalapeño chilies halved and deseeded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white onion finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 lb 8oz frozen corn kernels. 700g
- 1 lime can use lemon if no lime
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon bp sugar
- TO GARNISH
- Coriander leaves
- Crushed tortilla crisps
- Lime wedges. can use lemon if no lime
- Diced avocado
- Thinly sliced red radishes
- Method:Turn on the Instant pot to Saute High and heat the olive oil add onion and garlic sweat until cooked.
- Turn Off the Instant pot and add the halved the peppers, halved and deseeded chili, and jalapenos (if you want it a little bit more spicy keep some of the seeds in)
- Add the chicken.
- Add the chicken stock into the Instant pot bowl
- Then put on the lid and set the pressure to high and time 20 mins
- After complete let 10 minutes natural pressure release
- Next, take out the chicken and shred with two forks
- Now put in the corn and the remaining ingredients (except garnish)
- Turn on to sauté and bring to the boil to cook the corn for approximately 5 minutes
- Add back in the shredded chicken and you are ready to serve
See our Chicken Lemongrass recipe - it is also refreshing.