HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT HARD BOILED EGGS
Perfect Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs In 2021
How to make perfect Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs . Making perfect hard boiled eggs in a pressure cooker is fast, easy.
You can use these in our potato salad recipe.
To Hard boil eggs an Instant Pot is easy and you can use the trivet or a steamer basket. Making a perfect hard boiled egg is so easy and you do not need a special egg rack.
Boiling the eggs on the stovetop is also easy. I like that the Instant Pot makes the whole thing so easy. I can set and forget until the beep.
Hard boiling eggs is a meal staple, great for a quick snack at breakfast.
They are of course high protein.
You can use the eggs for deviled eggs, bacon potato salad, fridge cold eggs and egg salad.
How to make hard cooked eggs in a pressure cooker?
- Instant Pot eggs will peel easily by putting them – in an ice bath or even cold water the cracked eggs peel very easily.
- This instant pot recipe is easy. You don’t have to look at a pot boiling on a stove top. You can also make a runny yolk – just reduce Natural Pressure release time to 2 minutes.
- Whenyou know the cooking time of your pressure cooker they’ll turn out perfect.
How to Make Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
This very easy egg recipe is straight forward and the best thing is you do not need to worry about room temperature eggs rather you can take them directly from the fridge.
Over 1 week I tried this recipe multiple times so that my results are going to probably be right – or at the worst very very close so you may only need to change by a minute or so.
For perfectly cooked hard boiled eggs: 6 eggs.
- 6 Quart Instant Pot : 2 mins pressure cook time on high pressure + 12 minutes natural release (pin drops after 9 minutes)
- 8 Quart Instant Pot : 2 min pressure cook time on high pressure + 6 minutes natural release (make sure you release the pressure cooker via the release valve first)
Put your eggs on the trivet in the instant pot.
Add 1 Cup of water – do not add anymore extra water as it will alter the time it takes the instant pot to come up to pressure which in turn will alter the egg cooking time.
Natural Pressure Release – 12 Minutes.
Put the eggs straight into iced water or cold water for at least 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes – crack the eggshell gently and very gently roll the egg, and the shell will come away in 1 or 2 pieces very easily. (see video link above)
Perfect Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup water
- Start 1 cup of water in Instant Pot. Only add 1 cup.
- Eggs – Put on a trivet or egg steam rack. Set the "Manual" button. Now adjust the cook timer to 2 minutes on high.
- Pressure Cooker5-6 minutes for 6 quart Instant Pot8-9 minutes for bigger 8 quart to come to pressure.
- Cooking EggsCooking is fineshed when the Instant Pot beeps
- Check Alway check and do a quick release, Vent if necessary.
- Natural ReleaseLet the steam finish hissing – the float pin drops.Open the cooker.
- Use ice or cool water on the eggs, when cold peep eaily.
How to cook soft boiled eggs:
- Cook on high for 6 mins – quick release on the 6 quart Pot.
- Cook on high for 4 minutes – quick release an 8 quart Pot.
Better than boiling eggs!
How to peel hard boiled eggs made in an Instant Pot
Bang the eggs on a hard surface. Removing egg shell- or peels. The peels will come off easily.
FAQ For Instant Pot Eggs
What if my eggs are runny or too hard (under or overcooked)
The best is to increase or reduce the cooking period a little.
Does the size of the eggs matter?
Yes it does matter and if you have extra large eggs add 1-2 minutes to the cook or natural release pressure time.
Does the number of eggs matter in an Instant Pot?
No the number of eggs does not matter in a pressure cooker.
Do fresh eggs cook differently than old eggs?
No there is no difference with fresh eggs vs old eggs, in terms of cooking time.
How long do hard boiled eggs last?
Store hard-boiled eggs for a week in the fridge.
How Long Can I leave Hard Boiled Eggs At Room Temperature?
Do not leave hard boiled eggs at room temperature for more than 2 hours as bacteria can start to multiply quickly.
Can I freeze Hard Boiled Eggs?
Hard boiled eggs dont freeze well – I do not suggest freezing eggs.
It is best to eat soft boiled eggs right after cooking?
I find it best to eat them within 1 hour of cooking.