Pork Arancini - Instant Pot
1 onion chopped
1 carrot grated
1 lb pork mince (500g)
¼ lb chopped bacon or speck
1 teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper (ground from peppermill if possible)
2.5 oz long grain rice 75g
1 cup ml water
1 egg beaten
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
2 spring onions chopped
1 pinch cayenne pepper
Coating the Balls
1 cup flour
1 cup breadcrumbs
- Turn on the Instant Pot to Saute High and let it warm up till it says hot (approx 3-5mins)
- Add the butter and let it melt
- Then add the onions and carrots and let them seat for 5-7 minutes stirring from time to time so they do not burn
- Then add the chopped bacon and cook for about 2-3 minutes
- Then add the pork mince and stir till it is partially cooked- approx 5 mins - you may find it helpful to have a cloth or tea towel to hold the instant pot bowl (which is hot) to stop it turning as you stir and mix the mince with a wooden spoon
- Then add the rice with the salt, pepper and paprika and stir and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Then add the water and stir in and cook for another 3-5 minutes
- Then take out and put the pork mince into a tray and put in the fridge to cool
- Take the pork mince mix which has now cooled down and put into a bowl and add one egg and mix well by hand.
- Then add in the parmesan cheese and pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Make the pork into small balls
- Now roll the pork mixture into small balls.
- First put in the flour - and roll around to get it coated well.
- Next, do the same with the egg- get it all over the floured ball. Make sure the egg is 100% covered the ball else the breadcrumbs will not stick
- Finally, take the ball and roll it around in the breadcrumbs till it is all covered.
- If you use the instant pot to fry - we found that putting about 1 inch of oil in and letting it get really hot - then put about 4-5 balls in at a time - let them cook for about 3-4 mins till golden brown, and then roll them onto the uncooked side and repeat.
- Place on a paper towel to drain and then serve with sweet chilli sauce.
- You can of course also deep fry in a special deep fryer or on a pot on a hotplate.
- Calories: 344