1. Put all the ingredients in a pot or steel bowl and mix well - we used a whisk
2. Get the ribs and dunk then in the sauce (see photo) for flavor
3. Put the dunked ribs in the instant pot with 4 cups of water - or until at least half the ribs are covered with water.
4. Put on the instant pot lid and set for pressure cook - high pressure for 25 minutes.
5. Put the sauce in a pot and bring to the boil with stirring- you want to thicken and therefore intensify the sauce flavor. Reduce the volume by around 30 percent.
6. At a similar time place in the oven your french fries so they are ready at a similar time (usually put on about 5-10 minutes after the instant pot has come up to pressure.
7. After the instant pot beeps -allow for 10 minutes of natural pressure release
8. Place the Ribs on an oven tray (put some foil on the tray first - it makes cleaning easier)
9. Brush the reduced sauce - put heaps on both sides of the ribs
10. Put in the oven on broil for 5 minutes - but watch the ribs very closely so they do not burn
11. Now you should be ready to plate up and enjoy
1. If the Ribs are quite meaty then you may need an extra 5 minutes cooking time for the instant pot.
2. Use the extra sauce for the french fries.
3. Extra sauce can also be frozen