STEAK AND MUSHROOMS WITH A RICH WINE SAUCE ENRICHED WITH CREAM
Ultimate Tender Juicy Steak With A Rich Mushroom Sauce
Steak and Mushrooms it does not get better than that – a perfectly juicy and tender steak cooked in an Instant Pot.
Add bacon, butter red wine and you have the makings on an amazing sauce – we will teach you and show you in a video how to do it – follow our recipe and you will make one of the best steak dinners ever.
Steak with a Mushroom Sauce made with onion, garlic, bacon, and cream – all the classics- these ingredients really work together well – and it’s one of the easiest recipes you’ll ever make. Follow our recipe and you will amaze anyone who eats this – need more help watch our video.
How To Make A Steak And Mushroom Sauce In A Pressure Cooker
Adding cream to bacon and mushrooms is the secret to a good sauce – some people add butter – however, we think cream gives extra richness. This Steak with Creamy Mushroom Sauce absolutely amazed me – It’s so easy and made with affordable ingredients, plus it is extra quick in an instant pot.
Prepare Your Ingredients First
Cook the steak for 2 minutes each side – or until nice and brown.
Then take out the steak – first saute the onions for 2 minutes – followed by the mushrooms, then the garlic and finally the bacon. All adds to preparing a really good base of flavors for the suace.
Add the wine and use it to deglaze the bowl – then for about 2-3 minutes let the wine reduce before adding in the beef stock and putting back the steak.
Now put on the lid and pressure cook for 30 minutes with 10 minutes natural release.
After pressure cooking – take out the steak and further reduce the liquid – by about 30% – then add in the cream and continue reducing. Also, add in the butter- about 1 tablespoon.
Then when the sauce has reduced – taste it and season if it needs it. Then put back the steak to let it absorb the flavors.
Now you are ready for plating up.
Steak Mushroom Sauce
- 1 lb Steak 500g
- ½ lb mushroom 250g
- ½ lb Bacon 250g
- 1 red onion or shallot
- ½ cup red wine
- Salt / Pepper/ Sugar for adjusting final taste and seasoning
- ¾ lb Beef Stock 400 ml
- 2 fresh bay leaves or dried
- 2 fresh sprigs of thyme or dried
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup cream
- Vegetables – slice the onion, clean and slice the mushroom and chop the garlic. Clean the mushrooms with a paper towel or brush – do not wash them. (we explain why in the video at 4.40 mins.)
- Bacon – prepare the bacon by finely chopping
- Flour Steak – flour and sear the steak till brown on each side (turn on the instant pot to high temp – saute) – approximate 2 minutes – then take out the steak
- Cook Vegetables – first add the onion and cook for about 2 minutes until it goes clear. Then add in the half the mushrooms and cook for about 1 minute – then add the garlic and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Add Bacon – cook for another 1-2 minutes
- Deglaze – add the red wine and deglaze the bowl.
- Reduce – reduce the red wine till almost gone – this will enhance the sauce – and this is an important step
- Herbs – as the reduction takes place add in the herbs – fresh or dried.
- Stock – add the stock and stir. Then put back the meat (season a little with salt and pepper) and make sure there is enough liquid for it to just float.
- Pressure Cook – put on the lid and cook on high pressure for 25-30 minutes with 10 minutes natural release pressure.
- Meat – take out the meat and set it aside.
- Reduce – now set the Instant Pot to high saute and reduce the liquid by about 30% ( take out the bay leaves.
- Cream – add the cream and the butter – and stir and taste – season if necessary.
- Mushrooms – add in the second half of the mushrooms -and continue boiling for another 2-4 minutes and the sauce will continue to reduce,
- Steak – finally turn off the instant pot – add back the steak and let it absorb the flavors while you prepare to plate up – ENJOY
HOW DO YOU CLEAN MUSHROOMS?
The best way to clean mushrooms is to use a damp paper towel or a brush to gently rub the dirt off of each mushroom. Do not use water.
MUSHROOM STEAK SAUCE VARIATIONS
You can absolutely add other ingredients to customize your sauce to your taste!
Spicy: Add 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes.
Cheese: Stir in 1/4 cup grated parmesan, or cheddar cheese before serving.
How do you make steak tender?
To make steak tender – use a pressure cooker – the results will amaze you.
Why do restaurant steaks taste better?
Because the chefs knows how to cook a steak – see our guide here on cooking steak by time and temperature and how the Michelin starred restaurants cook a perfect steak every time.
How do you make steak taste good ?
The best way to make steak taste good is by seasoning and searing.
How long do you rest a steak?
Rest a steak at least 3-5 minutes.
How To Make Mushroom Sauce
The best way is with real mushrooms and a wine reduction.