Pressure Cooker Chorizo & Sun-Dried Tomato Tortilla
3 medium potatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 lare onion
2 cloves garlic
8 oz chorizo sliced
2 medium zucchini
1/4 cup semi or sun-dried tomatoes
1 cup grated cheddar
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup shave parmesan cheese
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1/4in (5mm) slices
- Place in the instant pot with enough water and season with salt and set to sauté and bring to the boils and cook 3/4 or until just soft enough to pierce with a fork - turn off the instant pot
- Drain the water and place the potatoes on a tray to cool (pat off any excess water with a paper towel
- Now dry the pressure cooker bowl and add half the olive oil. Then turn onto sauté again and cook the onion, garlic, and chorizo stirring for about 5 minutes until the onion goes clear and a bit soft.
- Lightly grease the cake tin and line the base and sides with baking paper
- Stir in the tomatoes and zucchini (we squeezed the water out by hand fist on the zucchini - season to taste with salt and pepper - Cook about 3-5 minutes
- Now Spread the base with potato and little cheese. Then add the Chorizo lay and finally the vegetable layer and then topping with cheese.
- Pour in your egg mixture and tap and lightly bang the tin to ensure that the egg mixture gets fully inside.
- Wrap the tin completely in tin foil. Also, fold two lengths of foil to make a sling ( see our carrot cake instructions for how to do this in a pressure cooker)
- Place the trivet in the bowl and put approximately 2 cups of water to also come to the trivet but not quite.
- Lower the wrapped tin into the pressure cooker and cook on high pressure for 45 minutes. Release the pressure using quick release and take care fo the steam.
- Dress the Tortilla Pie as you like - we dress it with red pepper and a little cheese.
- Calories: 455