Alton Brown has become famous for his cooking shows, but he also loves baking potatoes.
Alton Brown is a chef, food writer, and television personality who has appeared on several Food Network programs.
He is known for his unique style of cooking. He often uses unconventional ingredients and techniques to create delicious dishes.
Now, we will share with you the simple yet delicious recipe that everyone loves to serve at parties. This Alton Brown Baked Potato recipe is easy to make and can be served with any kind of side dish or dessert.
You can even use this baked potato as an appetizer at your next party or serve it with olive garden salad and toppings.
It is time to enjoy some yummy baked potatoes!
How To Make Alton Brown Baked Potato
Alton Brown is the host of one of the best cooking shows, Good Eats. He has a way with food that makes it seem effortless and fun to cook.
His recipes are always so good, and they look so easy to make. So when I saw him making these baked potato, I had to try them out myself. They were amazing!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 1 hr 30 mins
- 4 medium-sized Russet Potato
- 2 tbsp. Butter or 1 tablespoon of canola oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Scallions or green onions
1. Position the oven rack in the middle of the oven and heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line the baking sheet with a piece of aluminum foil.
2. Wash the potatoes well under cold running water. Use a stiff brush. Dry them thoroughly on paper towels or a kitchen towel. Poke 12 small holes all over each potato with a dinner fork to give a way out for the excess moisture.
3. Rub each russet potato generously with butter or oil. Sprinkle with Kosher salt and black pepper. Place the potatoes directly on the hot baking sheet. Make sure to put the parchment-lined baking sheet in the middle rack of the preheated oven to catch drips.
4. Cook the potatoes for about an hour and fifteen minutes, or until the potato skins are crispy, but the flesh is tender, and the interior reaches an internal temperature of 205 to 210 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Take the baked potatoes out using oven mitts because they’re hot. To create a dotted line on the tops of each potato, first cut a small slit into one end of each potato.
6. Then, using a paring knife, carefully pierce through the perfect potato at intervals until you reach the bottom.
7. Serve it right away with whatever optional toppings you want. You can serve it with sour cream, butter, shredded cheddar cheese, cream cheese, or green onions. You can also put some slices of bacon.
This Alton Brown Baked Potatoes recipe was really awesome. The combination of flavors made this baked potato taste like something straight from heaven.
If you love baked potatoes, then you should definitely try this one out!
Should baked potatoes be wrapped in foil – Yes if on a BBQ.
How Do You Make the Perfect Baked Potato Alton Brown
The key is choosing good quality potatoes and keeping them in a cool, dry dark storage place before baking them.
I prefer Russet potatoes for baking
- Clean and pat dry with a paper towel
- Spike the potato a few times with a fork
- Bake at between 400-475 F depending on how quickly you need the baked potato to be ready
How does Gordon Ramsay make the perfect baked potato, he makes the perfect potato by having his own system he has tried many times, and with a bit of practice, you can too. Keep a notebook of how long you are and at what temperature you bake them at.
How Do Restaurants Bake Potatoes so Fast
They have them half or par-cooked so that they only need to place them into a preheated oven at 450F and the potatoes are done by the time they have the steak or main dish done.
What Temperature Should a Baked Potato Be Cooked At
A medium-sized potato takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes to bake. It can be sped up at a higher temperature or using a short burst in the microwave prior to putting them in the oven.
How long do baked potatoes take at 425 F
At 425 F bake the potatoes for 65 to 70 minutes
How Long Do Baked Potatoes Take at 450
At 450 F bake the potatoes for 55 to 65 minutes
How Long Do Baked Potatoes Take at 475
At 425 F bake the potatoes for 50 to 60 minutes