Chorizo Ham Kale Minestrone Winter Soup - Healthy and Hearty and very easy to make.
1 chorizo sausage chopped into ¼ inch 2cm pieces (approx 125g or 4 oz)
7 oz Ham chopped into ¼ inch 2cm pieces - 200g
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
1 large onion - (approx 200g or 6 oz) chopped finely
1 courgette medium (¼ inch, 2cm)
1 carrot medium (approx 125g or 4 oz) cut into medium pieces ( ¼ inch, 2cm)
2 celery stalks (approx 300g 10 oz) cut into ( ¼ inch, 2cm)
3 cloves garlic
2 teaspoons fennel seeds
½ teaspoon chili flakes
1 can tomatoes ( 400g 12 oz)
1 can chickpeas ( 400g 12 oz)
4 cups chicken stock (1l)
2 oz soup pasta(60g) - we used Orzo Pasta
1 tablespoon sugar according to your taste
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
¼ bunch kale or cavolo nero (100g or 3.5 oz) stripped and chopped coarsely
½ cup grated parmesan
2 sprigs of rosemary
- Prepare your vegetables and meats by cutting to the dimensions stated in the ingredients.
- Put The Instant Pot to saute high when it says hot in the display add in the oil
- Then add the onions, celery, and carrots and cook for 3-5 minutes
- Next add the garlic, fennel and chilli - stir and cook for another 2-3 minutes
- Add in the Rosemary, Tomato, Chicken Stock and cook for 10 minutes on high pressure and then do a quick release of pressure taking care to avoid the steam
- Take out the rosemary
- Now add in all the other ingredients except the kale and pressure cooker for 2 minutes and again with a quick release of pressure.
- Set The instant pot to saute again and add the kale - simmer for 2-3 minutes to cook the kale
- Then taste the soup and season with salt, pepper, sugar and even more chilli according to your taste.