DELICIOUS RED PEPPERS STUFFED WITH BEEF
Pressure Cooker Greek Style Stuffed Red Peppers Or Capsicum
This is a yummy and tasty Greek twist on the stuffed pepper classic. This exciting version is packed with a delicious flavor. Your Kids will love this colorful recipe and it is family-friendly made in a pressure cooker – so it is easy and quick to make.
One of the great things about this dish it is very flexible with the type of filling you can put in. Vegetarian mushroom-based fillings are also great alternatives. Children just love the vibrant colors and will enjoy this.
Beef Stuffed Red Peppers
A tasty variation of the Greek classic stuffed peppers – See Our Video for more details.
- 1 medium Chorizo sausage approx 75gm
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 large Carrot grated
- 1 lb Beef mince 500g
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 pinch Cayenne pepper to taste
- 2.5 oz long grain rice 75g
- 1 Egg beaten
- 3 cloves Garlic diced
- 1 cup Beef stock
- 4 Red Peppers
- Cut the Peppers and hollow them out taking care to get rid of all the seeds
- Turn on the instant pot to saute and add the butter when hot
- First, start cooking the onions and then after about 2 minutes add the carrot and the garlic
- Then add the mince and cook browning the mince to give good flavor
- Add salt pepper and pinch cayenne pepper to taste and stir
- Takes about 10 minutes to brown
- Add the beef stock and also add the rice and cook for about 8 minutes until the rice is almost cooked. Keep stirring so the bottom does not burn
- Let the mix then cool down in the fridge
- Stuff the peppers with the cool mix
- Place the trivet in the instant pot and add 1-2 cups of water – add some peppercorns and bay leaves to the water for extra flavor if you have them
- Cook for 10 minutes on high pressure and 10 minutes of natural release.
- Now they are ready to serve – you can serve these alone or with a salad of a side dish or your choice.