How Long to Cook Pork Tenderloin in Oven at 375
Pork tenderloin is a lean cut of meat that contains less fat than other types of pork. This makes it a great choice for those who want to reduce their cholesterol intake. Pork tenderloin also has a meaty flavor and is low in calories and is a lean meat, but there are alternatives to pork also.
If you are interested in what is the single-serving for roast pork for teenagers – see our roast pork calculator.
Pork tenderloins are often sold vacuum-packed or frozen. They can be grilled, broiled, roasted, sautéed, or pan-fried. Its versatility and good taste make it perfect for any holiday dinner.
However, if you do not cook them properly, they can become tough.
So, how long do you need to cook pork tenderloin in a regular oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit? It will take about 30-35 minutes.
Read more below to find out more!
Cooking Pork Tenderloin Best Temperature
The best temperature for pork tenderloin is 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius). The cooking time depends on the size of your tenderloin. For example, a small tenderloin takes about 20 minutes, while a large one may take up to 40 minutes.
Pork tenderloin should always be cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit (63 degrees Celsius) before serving. If you overcook it, it will dry out and lose its moisture.
How to Bake a Pork Tenderloin
To bake a pork tenderloin:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
- Place the tenderloin into a baking dish with sides so that it fits snugly inside.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
Bake the tenderloin until it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F, using a meat thermometer, which takes approximately 30 to 45 minutes.
Remove it from the oven when done. Let the pork rest for 8-10 minutes before slicing. Serve immediately.
Also, make sure to marinate or season the meat properly. You can use fresh herbs like rosemary, thyme, sage, fresh garlic, onion powder, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and lemon juice.
What Temperature Should I Cook Pork Tenderloin
You can choose between two different cooking temperature: 325 degrees Fahrenheit (160 degrees Celsius) and 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius). Both temperatures are suitable for cooking pork tenderloin.
But, we recommend choosing 350 degrees Fahrenheit because it gives the juicy meat a nice crust without burning it.
If you prefer cooking pork tenderloin at lower temperatures, then use 300 degrees Fahrenheit (150 degrees Celsius).
Also, if you want a rich brown crust, cook your meat to an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes per pound.
It only takes one hour to prepare 3-pound pork tenderloin. However, be sure your guests and family appreciate a sharp contrast in texture between the crispy outer layer and a moist inner portion.
What Temperature to Roast Pork Tenderloin At
You should cook your tenderloin to 350 degrees if you just want a uniformly cooked, soft, gentle meat. The result is not soggy, dry, brown, crispy, or pink. It comes out perfect.
However, if you prefer your mushrooms charred on the edges but still juicy in the middle, roast them at one of the other temperatures mentioned above. For crispy fans, 400 degrees F is the ticket.
For individuals who love the taste of meat melting in their mouths, 275 degrees is the key to achieving that, but it will take much longer
However, the baking time and cooking temperature are also determined by the meat weight. In other words, if you are grilling a tenderloin at 375 degrees Fahrenheit per pound, it should take around 25 minutes to cook.
For instance, if the weight of 3-pound pork tenderloin is to be baked in 1 hour and 15 minutes, it must first be trimmed of all fat.
This guideline applies to medium doneness, which means the meat has an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit or greater.
What Internal Temperature Should Pork Tenderloin Have
For safety reasons, never leave the oven unattended when cooking pork tenderloin, as it could burn easily. When checking the internal temperature, insert an instant-read meat thermometer into the thickest part of the tenderloin and wait until it registers 165 degrees Fahrenheit (74 degrees Celsius) using an instant-read thermometer. This ensures that the meat has reached the desired level of doneness.
How Do I Prepare Pork Tenderloin?
Cooking a juicy pork tenderloin is not difficult if you know how to prepare it. Here are some tips:
1. Cut off the tenderloin’s silver skin and trim excess fat, then rub with olive oil and sprinkle with Kosher salt and black pepper.
2. Wrap the tenderloin tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
3. Rinse it thoroughly under cold water. Pat it dry with a paper towel.
4. Rub the tenderloin with olive oil again and cover with more plastic wrap. Wrap the tenderloin tightly and tie it with butcher twine. If you want to cook the tenderloin in the microwave, first, heat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (230 degrees Celsius) and place the tenderloin in a shallow dish. Microwave the tenderloin for 6 to 8 minutes per pound (450 grams), turning once halfway through. For best results, check the internal temperature after 4 minutes. The perfect pork tenderloin should reach an internal temperature of 155 degrees Fahrenheit (68 degrees Celsius).
Do You Wash Pork Tenderloin Before Cooking?
Wash your hands before handling any raw meat. Always wash knives and cutting boards used for preparing it thoroughly with hot soapy water. Rinse them well and pat them dry with a clean paper towel.
Here are more safe handling of meat for safety:
- Do not eat food or drink anything while handling raw meat.
- Never handle cooked pork with bare hands.
- Always keep raw meat away from other foods.
- Store raw meat in the refrigerator using an airtight container where it will be safe from contamination by bacteria.
Can You Substitute Pork Loin for Pork Tenderloin?
Yes, you can substitute pork loin for pork tenderloin. However, there will be a slight difference in taste and texture. To make sure that the pork loin tastes similar to pork tenderloin, season both types of pork with Kosher salt and pepper. Moreover, if you have time, marinate the pork loin in a mixture of soy sauce, sesame oil, fresh garlic powder, ginger powder, and black pepper. Let the pork loin stand for 1 hour. Then grill or bake the pork loin according to your preferred method.