How To Reheat Corndogs Top 4 Ways in 2023
Reheating food after it has been cooked is something everyone does at least once every day. Whether it’s reheated leftovers or just plain old corn dogs (hot dog), rewarming foods have become part of everyday life. But what if you want to heat a whole batch of corn dogs instead of individual ones? How would you do it efficiently – can you cook corn dogs ahead of time and reheat them for a party?
What about reheating a frozen corn dog?
You may also be interested in
In this article, we will teach you how to reheat frozen corn dogs, as well as the things that you need to effectively do it. Read more below to find out the answers to these questions for how to reheat corn dogs:
- in a toaster oven?
- in an air fryer?
- straight from the freezer?
- straight from the fridge?
What Do You Need to Reheat Corn Dogs
Before we begin talking about how to reheat your favorite food, here are the things that you might need:
- Microwave-safe container
- Corn dog sticks or wooden skewers
- A plate
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
You may be wondering why you’d need all those items when you could simply put the corn dogs into a pan over medium heat. Well, let us tell you why…
If you try to reheat corn dogs by putting them directly onto a frying pan, you’ll end up having burnt edges around each piece. This happens because the oil inside them starts boiling before the inside side gets heated enough. Using a deep fryer may also cause a state fair corn dog to be overcooked if you do not do it right.
How to Reheat Hot Dogs The Right Way
There are several ways or methods that you can do to reheat your corn dogs. We’ve listed some of the best options below so that you can decide which method works best for you. In addition, we’ve included instructions on how to reheat corn dogs right away, as well as how long you should wait between reheating batches. So read through our list carefully and choose the option that suits you best!
A Mini Corn Dog can be reheated a similar way – and is usually served with french fry plate as well.
How to Reheat Corn Dogs Straight From the Cupboard?
This is probably the easiest way to reheat corn dogs. You will only be needing a microwave for this. Follow these simple steps:
1. Simply place them back into their original storage containers or any air tight containers with corn dog sticks.
2. When you’re ready to eat them, pop them into the microwave for 2 minutes or until it has reached your desired result.
That’s it! No cooking is required.
However to make the outside crispy – it is really hard to do that in the microwave, and I would recommend after the microwave you put them under a preheated broiler for about 6 minutes, turning every 2 minutes until you see the golden crispiness you like.
How to Reheat Corn Dogs Straight From the Fridge?
When making corn dogs, save half of the batter and store it in the refrigerator until later. Once you’re done eating the first batch, take the remaining portion of batter and store it in the fridge to prevent it from spoiling. Now whenever you feel hungry, grab a few corn dog sausages, or precooked sausages from the fridge, and here is what you are going to do:
- Place in a microwave-safe container.
- Reheat them in the microwave for at least 1 minute
- Dip in the batter
- Into the deep fryer and because the inside is already precooked and warm you will not need much time to get the outside golden.
Voila! Your meal is now ready to go. You can add one teaspoon salt or yellow cornmeal if you feel like you need to enhance its flavor and add a little crunch.
How to Reheat Frozen Corn Dogs?
Here are easy tips for you if you are wondering how to reheat corn dogs straight from the freezer. First off, you need to thaw the frozen corn dogs or frozen mini corn dogs for at least 10 minutes to remove the excess moisture (use a paper towel) that makes them soggy. Here are more of the things that you need to do:
1. Pat the excess moisture with a paper towel and place them inside the microwave. Make sure to use a heat-resistant, microwave-safe container.
2. Heat in your microwave to get the inside warm
3. Put under the broiler for 6 minutes turning regularly until golden brown.
How to Reheat Corn Dogs Using a Toaster Oven?
Reheating corn dogs in a toaster oven is one of the most effective ways to reheat frozen corn dogs. Here’s how to toast corn dogs using a toaster oven:
- Preheat the toaster oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the corn dogs from the packaging and lay them flat on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Reheat for around 10-12 minutes or until they are warm enough.
- Remove from the toaster oven and plate up with your best sides or gravy.
- I often like to lightly top them with mozzarella cheese for a little extra flavor
How to Reheat Corn Dogs Using an Air Fryer?
When reheating corn dogs or frozen mini corn dogs using an air fryer, make sure to follow all safety precautions. The temperature must not exceed 400 degrees Fahrenheit. If you want to know how to reheat corn dogs using an air fry method, then check out some of the following instructions below:
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit for better results.
- Place the regular corn dogs or frozen mini corn dogs inside. You may also sprinkle some panko breadcrumb and cheese for added flavor.
- Reheat for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Test the inside of the hot dog is 160F
- Remove and let it rest for at least 1-2 minutes.
- Insert the wooden skewers for easier serving
Why learn how to cook frozen corn dogs in the air fryer?
Air fryers are quite new – and are more and more popular – they tend to need less fat and oil to cook nice crispy fries, chicken wings, or in this case buttermilk corn dogs. (you usually only need a little cooking spray) – that is why learning how to cook air fried corn dogs is a good idea.
How to Make Homemade Corn Dog With Cornmeal? (Corn Dog Recipe)
A corn dog recipe has been around since the 1920s. They were originally called hot dogs wrapped in dough and deep fried until golden brown. Today, corn dogs are still popular at fairs, festivals, and sporting events. Here is a simple homemade corn dog recipe that anyone can whip up quickly.
This recipe will serve 4 people as appetizers or 2 people as the main course. Ingredients needed include:
- 4 beef frankfurter
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil for frying
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 wooden skewers
Step 1 – Prepare the ingredients as well as medium-sized mixing bowls. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, salt, pepper, sugar,on and baking powder to make the corn dog batter. If you have leftover batter you can store it covered with plastic wrap or aluminum foil for up to 6 days in the fridge.
Step 2 – Pour milk and eggs. Stir thoroughly.
Step 3 – Prepare to deep fry. Preheat the oil over medium to high heat.
Step 4 – Insert the wooden skewers into the frankfurters.
Step 5 – Roll the frankfurters into the cornmeal batter until fully coated.
Step 6 – Deep Fry them for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
Step 7 – Once done, remove the excess oil by using paper towels.
This is one of the most popular air fryer recipes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can homemade corn dogs be frozen?
Yes. You can freeze homemade corn dogs, especially if you do not plan to cook or consume them immediately. To cook frozen corn dogs, use an oven and preheat it at 350-degree Fahrenheit. Place the corn dogs on a baking sheet, giving enough space for heat to distribute. And then cook for about 15-20 minutes over medium heat. Make sure not to cover the corn dogs.
What temperature do you fry frozen corn dogs?
Frozen corn dogs should be fried to 400 degrees Fahrenheit using an air fryer. Then, place the corn dogs on the air fryer basket and cook for at least 8 minutes. You can also use an oven with the same instructions written above.
How to make corn dogs crispy in the microwave?
When trying to cook crispy corn dogs, microwave them first, then broil.
Who does not like a crispy corndog instead of soggy? Well, the microwave corndogs will be soggy unless you take a two-step corndog method.
- microwave first for approximately 2 or 3 minutes
- Now put the corndogs on a cookie sheet and broil for about 5 minutes they come out crispy, hot, and golden
Microwaving corndogs first heats the hotdog in the center so that when you grill, broil or bake them the outside will not burn while you are trying to heat the middle. The other bonus is you reduce the cooking time by half!
Love corndogs? now you know how to get the texture of the corn dog to be soft on the inside and crisp on the outside. – Nachos also are good for serving with corndogs, see how to reheat the perfect nacho plate.