Bahama Mama smoothies are a delicious treat that tastes great and is packed full of nutrients. They are also a great way to start your day or snack throughout the day. If you want to try out some new recipes, then check out these delicious recipes.
Bahama Mamas are a delicious tropical drink that combines pineapple juice, coconut milk, banana, and vanilla ice cream. The name comes from the owner of the original restaurant who was inspired by her Jamaican heritage.
There are several ways to prepare Bahama Mama tropical smoothie recipe, but they all include fresh ingredients. This recipe uses frozen strawberries, pineapples, milk, and chocolate chips, but you can substitute them with fresh fruit.
You are going to leave your house with a grin on your face after you try this tropical smoothie recipe! It’s simple to make, nutritious, and delicious. The best thing is that you can make it with any of the fantastic fruit and vegetable combinations found in the Bahamas mama pantry. The recipe is so adaptable that you can eat it as a mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack, or add a banana for more flavor.
How To Make Bahamas Mama Smoothie
Bahama Mama tropical smoothie is made with a mixture of tropical fruits, including pineapple, strawberries, shredded coconut, and chocolate chip. You would need to add milk to make a rich tropical fruit drink that is both creamy and delicious.
The Bahamas mama smoothie is extremely customizable. Add your own fruit, nut blends, and other ingredients to create your own unique combination. Some would mix in frozen bananas, melons, and coconut water, too! Give it a go now!
Servings: 4 Serving
Preparation time: 10 Minutes
Cooking time: 10 Minutes
Total time: 20 Minutes
- 10 ounces strawberries
- 6 ounces chopped pineapple
- 4 ounces shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups ice
1. Put the tropical fruits into the blender, such as pineapple, shredded coconut, and strawberries. You can also mix in your preferred fruits.
2. Add the milk and chocolate chips. Blend until smooth.
3. Put all the fruit and milk mixture into a blender and blend them together for about two minutes until they are smooth and well blended.
4. Pour the cup of ice into the blender. Blend the second time around to make the smoothie cool and fresh.
5. If you prefer, serve the smoothie in a tall glass with shredded coconut.
5. Serve and enjoy!
Tips for Making A Success Bahama Mama Smoothie
The best thing you can do to ensure you get the most from your Bahama Mamas is to follow the recipe exactly the first time and then you can experiment from there.
Other Top Tips for 2022 to make a Bahama Mama Super Smoothie are
- Use Frozen Fruit to add body to the smoothie, not ice.
- If the fruit is too frozen put it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds
- Do not use too much ice – it dilutes or tones down the flavor.
- You can use more than one type of fruit if you like.
- Add Banana to give it extra sweetness and creaminess.
- Try adding different types of nuts, seeds, and dried fruits to change up the flavors.
Can I Use A Bit Of Fruit Juice to Replace the Coconut Milk?
Yes! Coconut milk has many health benefits but it does contain a lot of saturated fat so if you are looking to lose weight, replacing it with a healthier option like apple juice will not only save you calories but also improve your overall health.
Can I Use Other Types of Chocolate?
Yes! There are many different types of chocolate available, including dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate, and even vegan chocolate. The best thing to do is to experiment with different types of chocolate and see what you like the most.
Is This Smoothie Vegan?
Yes, it is! The recipe uses coconut milk instead of cow’s milk, so it’s completely dairy-free. It also contains almond butter which means it’s gluten-free too. Just make sure your chocolate is also vegan.
The video gives some good ideas on smoothie making.
It includes information on the different types of ingredients you can add to them, including nuts, seeds, fruits, vegetables, and spices.
Expert Hint Play with Colors
The best thing about this recipe is that it’s so easy to change the colors to suit your mood. For example, if you’re feeling adventurous, swap the blueberries for raspberries, and add a splash of red food coloring instead of the turmeric.