Bacon, Bananas served with caramelized maple syrup - the best brunch ever
⅓ lb bacon
1 tablespoon butter
1 nectarine (optional)
1/4 cup real maple syrup
1/2 cup cream
Cook Some Crispy bacon - see our post on crispy bacon.
- Peel the Zest Of an Orange
- Carefully peel and cut the rest of the orange into segments
- Core the nectarine and cut it into segments
- Put the butter into a hot frypan - and when bubbling add in the bananas
- Cook the bananas until golden brown - turning so they do not burn
- Once brown on both sides take out the banana
- Add in the maple syrup and stir till it is warm also add in the orange zest
- Keep stirring well
- Add in the cream bit by bit
- Let the sauce mix caramelized by continually stirring - this is just a divine sauce
- Do not let it get too hot
- Now add in banana and gently stir so as not to break them
- Now add in the segmented fruit (not the orange segments - put them in last they are fragile) and again stir gently
- Take the remaining orange and squeeze it to get the juice to further enrich the sauce
- Lastly, add in the crispy bacon followed by the orange segments and you are ready to start plating up
One Of The Best Brunches - Just Ready For A Special Occasion Linke Valentines Day.
Really easy and simple to make - and it only takes a few minutes.
Caramelized banana, bacon, maple syrup, and more!!
- Calories: 545
Keywords: banana bacon brucnh