BACON BANANA MAPLE SYRUP
Best Brunch For 2021
One Of The Best Brunches - Just Ready For A Special Occasion Like Valentines Day.
Really easy and simple to make - and it only takes a few minutes.
Caramelized banana, bacon, maple syrup, and more!!
I am a big fan of pancakes paired with sweet bananas and salty bacon and sweet maple syrup - but by swapping the pancakes for bananas and adding in the orange and any other fruit you get a whole new level of brunch - for a birthday, anniversary, or valentines day. Or you just want to surprise your loved ones.
If you make this for valentines day - you will not go wrong - trust me - but it is really simple to make.
Start by zesting about 1/4 of an orange.
Next carefully cut the orange into segments -also keep the rest of the orange for the sauce later.
Add the butter to the pan and caramalize the bananas. Be gentle as the bananas become a little fragile as they cook.
Discard 80% of the butter from the pan - add the maple syrup, orange zest and then the cream. [see our video for good detail on how to actually make the sauce - it is a key component of this dish]
Add back the bananas and stir gently to get the sauce all over them.
Now add back the fruit (leaving the orange segments till last) and the bacon and gently stir around so that the sauce gets everywhere.
Now you are ready to start building your plate - of the best brunch ever [ in my opinion]
Brunch Bacon Bananas
- 1 orange
- ⅓ lb bacon
- 2 bananas
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 nectarine optional
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cream
- Cook Some Crispy bacon - see our post on crispy bacon.
- Peel the Zest Of an Orange
- Carefully peel and cut the rest of the orange into segments
- Core the nectarine and cut it into segments
- Put the butter into a hot frypan - and when bubbling add in the bananas
- Cook the bananas until golden brown - turning so they do not burn
- Once brown on both sides take out the banana
- Add in the maple syrup and stir till it is warm also add in the orange zest
- Keep stirring well
- Add in the cream bit by bit
- Let the sauce mix caramelized by continually stirring - this is just a divine sauce
- Do not let it get too hot
- Now add in banana and gently stir so as not to break them
- Now add in the segmented fruit (not the orange segments - put them in last they are fragile) and again stir gently
- Take the remaining orange and squeeze it to get the juice to further enrich the sauce
- Lastly, add in the crispy bacon followed by the orange segments and you are ready to start plating up