How Much Funnel Cake Do You Serve at a Party
Funnel cake is a fried doughnut-like pastry made by pouring batter into a funnel and then frying it in hot oil. Funnel cakes are often served with powdered sugar, fruit toppings and miracle or dream whip.
Funnel cake is one of those classic carnival foods that everyone loves.
But how much funnel cake should you serve per person? Serve one 6 inch round funnel cake per person with some topping.
How Much Funnel Cake For a Big Group
Now that you have your supplies, you need to figure out how much funnel cake batter to make? If you’re serving other food or expect people to eat more than one funnel cake, you may want to make more.
If you are having an extended party, or perhaps a cookout at a picnic – serving one 6 inch round funnel cake with miracle whip per person should be sufficient because they will have already eaten some snacks and a main course or some sandwiches.
If you’re feeding a large group, and you know they are big eaters you may want to make a double batch of batter. To do this, simply double all the ingredients in the recipe. Once you have your batter ready, it’s time to start frying!
How much regular cake should you serve per person?
Pound Cake Ingredients Needed For 6 People
Here are the basic ingredients need to feed 6 people with a funnel cake
- 1.5 cups of full cream milk
- flour all purpose – 2 cups
- 2 eggs (large size)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup of sugar (confectioner)
You will need about a quart of oil (vegetable for frying)
Pound Cake Ingredients Needed For 12 People
Here are the basic ingredients need to feed 12 people with a funnel cake
- 3 cups of full cream milk
- flour all purpose – 4 cups
- 4 eggs (large size)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 cup of sugar (confectioner)
You will need about 2 quarts of oil (vegetable for frying)
Method When Making Pound Cake Batter For a Large Group
- Do not over beat the better, start by taking the eggs in the milk together in a large stainless steel or glass bowl.
- In a separate bowl put in the flour, cinnamon nutmeg plus baking powder, etc into a separate bowl and then make a hole in the middle.
- Gently stir in the egg and milk mixture until it is smooth and creamy with no lumps.
- In the last 30 seconds, you can use a whisk to make sure all lumps are gone from the batter. You don’t want to over-whisk it but have it so that it is slightly fluffy.
- Make sure the oil is hot on a skillet around 370 F. The heavier skillet the better.
- Fry until both sides are golden in color. Drain on some absorbent paper towels.
How Many People Does a Pound Funnel Cake Feed?
Funnel cakes are delicious, and they’re perfect for sharing. But how many people does a pound funnel cake actually feed? It will feed 3-4 people as one pound can make up to a 12-inch funnel cake.
But generally speaking, you can expect a funnel cake to feed four people. So if you’re looking to share, be sure to get a big one!
How Many People Does a 10-inch Funnel Cake Serve?
A ten-inch funnel cake is a pretty big serving, but how many people does it serve? If you slice it into 8 pieces, it will be enough for 8 people, with toppings and ice cream, that should be enough for 8 folks.
So no matter how many people you’re looking to feed, there’s a funnel cake out there that’s just right for the job!
How Much Funnel Cake Do I Need for a 100-Person Wedding?
If you’re planning on having a 100-person wedding, you’ll need to have enough funnel cake for everyone to enjoy. But how much exactly?
Here’s a guide to help you out:
For every five people, you’ll need one large funnel cake or two smaller ones. So, for a 100-person wedding, you’ll need 20 large funnel cakes or 40 smaller ones.
Of course, this is just a general guide. If you know your guests will be particularly hungry, you may want to make a few extra funnel cakes just to be safe.
How Much Funnel Cake Do I Need for a 100-Kid Party?
You’ll need about three cakes for every ten kids. So, for a party of 100, you’ll need approximately 30 patties. Of course, this is just a general guideline – some kids will eat more than others! If you want to be extra safe, make 40 funnel cakes.