DELICIOUS RICH BEEF CURRY
Pulled Beef With Bell Peppers And Black Beans
Use your Instant Pot to make easy and fast pull apart of shredded beef, great for dinner, sandwiches, rolls and more. This recipe is very versatile and really flavourful.
Fast, easy, and delicious 3 shredded beef – this dish goes with almost anything. We served it up with sour cream and nachos with some grated cheese and it was amazing.
See how to cook pull-apart tender ribeye steak.
Also, our pulled pork burgers are great.
I love making recipes that you only have to cook once but can serve up 2 or 3 times. Or can freeze well and serve up later.
This recipe is a bit like the famous mojos, and it is easy to add more hot sauce if you want and put it with tacos.
A great brisket use is to make corned beef and cabbage recipe – see how to make it in the instant pot.
What is the best cut of beef for shredding?
Chuck is a favorite for shredding – because you are going to cook it so that it is really tender.
Start by trimming your beef of any unwanted pieces – e.g sinews.
At What Temperature Does Beef Shred?
If you are using a conventional oven then at least 200 degrees F – but we recommend a pressure cooker – it is much quicker and gives a better result especially if you cook it with a rich sauce and herbs and spices.
Prepare your vegetables for pull-a-part beef
Dice the garlic, onions, and chilis. Now take your peppers and slice the tops off and take out the center and as many of the seeds as you can.
Left Over Shredded Beef Recipes
One of the things I love about this is you can make almost anything – from beef taquitos to creamy shredded beef enchiladas through to Rigatoni.
Take the beef chunks and brown them in the instant pot.
Brown the Beef on all sides and then put it on a plate to rest.
Cook the onions and garlic – then add the fennel seeds and stir.
Add the diced tomato and season with salt and pepper. Also before cooking with the instant pot add the sugar to reduce the acidity.
Now add back the beef that has been resting including the juices.
Next cook for 30 minutes n high pressure and fast release.
Then add-in the bell peppers and stir to get all the sauce around them. Following cook for a further 10 minutes on high pressure with 10 minutes of natural release.
Add in the black beans next and with the instant pot on warm – stir these to warm up (the can said these had already been cooked)
Now you are ready to pull the beef apart and plate up
Pull-Apart Beef Instant Pot
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 lb gravy beef
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 fresh long red chilis
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 6 thyme sprigs
- 12 ½ oz 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 medium yellow capsicums bell peppers
- 2 medium yellow capsicums bell peppers
- 12 ½ oz 1 can black beans
- 1 packet of Nachos
- 1 tablespoon of sour cream
- 2 tablespoon grated cheese
- Peel and dice the onions and the garlic
- Capsicums (bell peppers) remove the center and seeds – then roughly slice up
- Chilis – slice up (leave in seeds for a little heat) – because you also have the can of beans and diced tomatoes – the chili just made the dish nice – not over hot at all.
- Take the beef and trim it of sinews and any excess fat – then cut it up into 2-inch pieces
- Next set the instant pot to high temperature saute – Brown the Beef on all sides and then put it on a plate to rest.
- Add some more oil and the butter and let it melt – stirring to deglaze the brown color off the bottom of the instant pot which adds really nice flavor to the dish
- Now cook the onion followed by the garlic.
- Add the fennel seed and also strip the thyme leaves off the stem so they fall into the instant pot (if you do not have fresh thyme – just used dried)
- Add the chilis
- Stir well all the time
- Add the smoked paprika and stir again
- Add the diced tomatoes
- Add in the beef, including the beef juices, and stir it all around to cover the beef.
- Also add salt, pepper, and sugar now for seasoning and the sugar reduces the acidic taste from the tomatoes.
- Put the lid on and cook for 30 minutes and quick pressure release
- After cooking carefully release the pressure and add the bell peppers and stir them all around.
- Put the lid on again and cook for 10 minutes on high pressure and then with 10 minutes natural release.
- Lastly, add the black beans, but with the instant pot still on heat mode, even though the can said the black beans are cooked we need some heat to warm them up. It took 3-4 minutes to warm them.
- Lastly – take out the beef and pull it apart with two forks or tongs and you are ready to plate up for eating and serve it with side dishes of your choice.