Easy And Cheap Cheese Or Chocolate Buns
Homemade Cheese or Chocolate Buns.
The Best Homemade Cheese Buns, easy and great anytime, kids just love the cheese and also the chocolate. A great alternative to easter buns.
These are great for picnics - lunches at school and so much more - also our Cinnamon Bun recipe is a winner also.
How To Make Homemade Cheese or Chocolate Rolls From Scratch
You can easily buy these ingredients from your store or you may well have them already: flour, sugar, salt, yeast, water, milk, egg, softened butter, and chocolate and cheese.
I will show you how to mix the dough and knead it properly - then how to put the fillings in the middle of the bun!
The Top Tip or Trick To Make Great Bread Dough
Top Tip: If it is cold in your kitchen then the best way is to use your oven to get the dough to rise.
Set the oven to 130°F (60°C), when it has reached temperature turn it off
Cover the dough with plastic wrap and place it inside.
Leave the oven door open and after 60 minutes the dough will have doubled in size and you are ready for stretching the gluten.
How To Make Dough For Buns From Scratch
This mix will make 10 good-sized buns- Preparing the dough is about 30 minutes of work, but then you have 2 one-hour periods for proving. (letting the dough rise). This makes the bread or rolls soft, fluffy, and moist, plus you also get extra flavor from the fermentation of the yeast in the flour mixture.
After mixing take the dough out and knead it for about 5 minutes until ready - see our video.
Now you need to set the dough to rise for 1 hour or until it has doubled in size.
Next - we want to measure out our bun dough into equal sizes - so the buns are similar and we do not have the kids fighting over the bigger bun!
Cheese or Chocolate Buns
- 14 oz Flour All-purpose 400 g
- 1 teaspoon Dried Yeast
- 1 ¾ fl oz Water - room temperature 55ml
- 3 ½ fl oz Milk - room temperature 100ml could use almond milk
- 1 ¾ oz Butter unsalted 50g
- 1 Egg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 oz castor superfine sugar 30g
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate Hail
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
Making The Dough
- Combine the ingredients for a yeast mixture in a mixing bowl - put the flour in first and the salt, salt, and yeast in different parts of the bowl. Why salt will kill the yeast.
- Mixing Take your stand mixer then put the wet ingredients in the middle of the bowl - use a dough hook - and mix/knead slowly and then fast to when the yeast dough forms well into one set.
- Proof Prepare Oil the surface of a bowl and then place the dough in and let it rest at room temperature for 1 hour or till it doubles in size.
Shaping the Dough
- Measure the dough into equal sizes
- Roll Now roll the dough up into a roll
- Filling Flatten the dough and put the filling in the middle - see our video for the technique on how to do this - the link is below.
- Proof Take the baking dish spray with cooking spray and put in a baking sheet (parchment paper) in the baking tin - cover again with plastic wrap and let them double in size again.
- Cooking Preheat an oven to 400oF or 200oC and bake for 25 minutes and check they have gone a golden brown say 5 minutes before the end and cooking times do vary by oven