A tried and tested recipe for the softest, cheesiest Cheesebuns EVER. Also, see our video where we show you how to make them from the beginning.
14 oz Flour All-purpose 400 g
1 teaspoon Dried Yeast
1 ¾ fl oz Water - room temperature 55ml
3 ½ fl oz Milk - room temperature 100ml (could use almond milk)
1 ¾ oz Butter unsalted 50g
¼ teaspoon salt
1 oz castor (superfine) sugar 30g
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup chocolate Hail
½ cup cheddar cheese
Making The Dough
- Combine the ingredients for a yeast mixture in a mixing bowl - put the flour in first and the salt, salt, and yeast in different parts of the bowl. Why salt will kill the yeast.
- Mixing Take your stand mixer then put the wet ingredients in the middle of the bowl - use a dough hook - and mix/knead slowly and then fast to when the yeast dough forms well into one set.
- Proof Prepare Oil the surface of a bowl and then place the dough in and let it rest at room temperature for 1 hour or till it doubles in size.
Shaping the Dough
- Measure the dough into equal sizes
- Roll Now roll the dough up into a roll
- Filling Flatten the dough and put the filling in the middle - see our video for the technique on how to do this - the link is below.
- Proof Take the baking dish spray with cooking spray and put in a baking sheet (parchment paper) in the baking tin - cover again with plastic wrap and let them double in size again.
- Cooking Preheat an oven to 400oF or 200oC and bake for 25 minutes and check they have gone a golden brown say 5 minutes before the end and cooking times do vary by oven
Kid love these for school snacks
- Calories: 435
Keywords: cheese buns, chocolate buns