See our Chicken Satay Recipe from Indonesia
Peri-Peri Chicken Instant Pot
- 8 chicken drum sticks
- 1 lemon cut into wedges for serving
- Marinade Ingredients
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic – crushed or grated
- ½ lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Peri-Peri Sauce
- 2 chilies diced choose what chili you want for how hot you want
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemon juiced
- 125 ml olive oil
- ½ cup chicken stock put in the instant pot bowl
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon castor sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut some slices in the chicken flesh to help the marinade penetrate better
- Add the chicken pieces and mix and coat the marinade all over- then set aside and leave for an hour in the fridge
- Peri-Peri Sauce Method
- Make the Peri Peri sauce by combining all the ingredients except the oregano to a paste in a food processor. Stir in the oregano at the end.(if you have fresh oregano you can put it in the food processor)
- If the sauce is too thick thin it down with a little more olive oil
- Instant pot
- Put the chicken stock in the instant pot bowl and mix a little of the peri-peri sauce in to add to flavor.
- Then add the chicken and cook on high pressure for 7 minutes and 10 minutes of natural pressure release
- Take out the chicken and place in a grilling tray – and set your oven to grill. With a brush put some per-peri sauce all over the chicken
- Then put under the grill for approximately 5 mins, but watch closely so it does not burn.
- After they are nicely browned they are ready to serve.
- We served with some fries- and had the oven on while we were preparing the peri-peri chicken.