4 tablespoon plain flour
4-6 Veal Shins / Osso buco (can also use beef ribs/oxtail)
4 tablespoon olive oil
2 onions finely chopped
2 carrots finely chopped
2 celery stalks finely chopped
1/2 cup white wine
1 tablespoon tomato puree
1 clove garlic
3 cups beef stock
1 tablespoon Worchester sauce
1 sprig rosemary
5 sages leave
2 bay leaves
Tied inside a muslin cloth
- Flour the beef
- Now Turn the instant pot to high saute. Add the beef and saute each side for about 2-3. minutes.
- Then take out and cook the onion and garlic first, followed by adding the carrots and celery.
- Cook the onion and garlic
- Add and stir in the tomato puree.
- Add in white wine and bring to boil.
- Add in Beef stock and Worchester sauce.
- Put the beef back in and also mix it to get all the flavors around it. Alone with some salt and pepper for seasoning and taste
Now add the Bouquet Garni- 1 sprig of rosemary, 5 sage leaves, 2 bay leaves. Tied inside a muslin cloth
Put in the beef and set to high pressure for 30 mins with 10 mins natural pressure release.
Garnish with a gremolata if you have it- this adds extra taste and a nice texture.
How to make a gremolata - one lemon zest, fresh parsley finely chopped, plus 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- Calories: 343
Keywords: osso buco, bucco